Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia parts ways with baseball coach Scott Stricklin after 10 seasons

SystemSystem Posts: 10,473 admin
edited May 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia parts ways with baseball coach Scott Stricklin after 10 seasons

Georgia announced on Friday that it would be parting ways with baseball coach Scott Stricklin. The Bulldogs went 29-27 this past season, Stricklin’s 10th in charge of the program.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BeachwagonBeachwagon Posts: 146 ✭✭✭ Junior

Maybe the Diamond Dawgs can bring home World Series championships again now that they will have a new coach.

• Options
    georgiajeepn2019georgiajeepn2019 Posts: 324 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Now give the next coach what he needs to take the program to the next level.

• Options
    JoseDawgJoseDawg Posts: 8 ✭ Freshman

Mediocrity will not be tolerated…can’t wait to see who Josh brings in- Go Dawgs!⚾️

• Options
    truthtellertruthteller Posts: 226 ✭✭✭ Junior

This firing took too long to happen. For most of his tenure, the dawgs were roadkill to the rest of the SEC. Time to move on and find someone who can lift this program up.

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Always hate to see anyone lose their job but regardless of what some folks believe, meritocracy still reigns, especially in athletics. You must win to stay and this was just a long journey to remain mediocre. Hire a great coach and give them the resources to be successful and let it ride.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2023

Stricklin was given 10 years to field a winner, and failed to do so. Its time for a change, hopefully the new coach can turn the baseball program into a winner again..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    BG522BG522 Posts: 28 ✭✭ Sophomore

I hate it for Scott he's a good man and a nice person, but unfortunately nice doesn't put marks in the win column. It lasted longer than I thought but now is the time to find a top notch baseball man and give him what is needed to turn this program around and play for championships year after year. I wish Scott and his family the best. GO DAWGS!

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2023

Paging Justin Holmes…. I repeat paging former capt Justin Holmes. Please report to Athens Ga for assignment.

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 382 ✭✭✭ Junior

I hate it for the coach, but I believe both parties needed a refresh! This is only good news and 2 years too late!

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 935 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I do believe we can jack that salary to a Million and offer Danny Hall to move east......GT will never know what hittem!

• Options
    SnakeScott13SnakeScott13 Posts: 91 ✭✭✭ Junior

The top baseball players in the country are here so stop getting poached. Doesn’t get any easier when Oklahoma and Texas join .

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

THe best Baseball Coach I ever had...wasn't "nice"...wasn't very personable...and, a lot of people didn't like him, cause he didn't mince words. He told you what he thought. But, the rub, if there was one, was that he knew what he was talking about, and as players we knew that and respected him and his words.

We all learned a ton and won Championships...which made everybody happy and like him, again. Funny...what "Winning" will do for a person's disposition and perspective.

IMO...That's what the Dawgs need. A "no-nonsense", "take-no-prisoners", "speed & pitching is everything"...honest to goodness Baseball "COACH" with a "qualified Coaching staff". Heavy emphasis on Coach, cause the guys they have there, now...don't seem to be getting developed, from what I've seen.

Maybe they should watch the "Lady Dawgs" play ball. Lol...oh right. They ARE. Sorry boys...had to throw a jab. Lol