Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirk Herbstreit: ‘Bama, LSU just a little bit ahead of Georgia’

SystemSystem Posts: 10,476 admin
edited June 2023 in Article commenting
imageKirk Herbstreit: ‘Bama, LSU just a little bit ahead of Georgia’

ATHENS — Count ESPN analyst Kirk Herbstreit in the “see it to believe it” camp when it comes to measuring Kirby Smart and Georgia against Alabama.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

KurbStreak makes very good points. We really don't know much about our team just yet as compared with what we will know at the end of the season. The same could be said about any other team.

I'm sure Coach Smart appreciates the Anti-Rat Poison™.

In my opinion far too many Dawg fans are counting unhatched chicken eggs. If our players are doing the same we're in for a rude awakening. However, just like last year it will be the job of Kirby & Company to convince everyone we're doubted by the world, underdogs in every game, and have to outwork everyone on the planet to have any shot of winning a single game.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 827 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Gotta love it... thank you Mr. Herbstreit. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2023

One of the best things about CFB is that the deck gets reshuffled every year. On paper, UGA looks very strong with possibly fewer question marks than they had this time last season. Remember all the questions after 15 players were drafted?

UGA needs to reload but there is a lot of talent there. There are a lot of young and experienced players there that want or waited for their chance to shine. They should all be hungry.

Nationwide talent to recruit has leveled the playing field for the big time programs. UGA should have as much talent and depth as any team with the possible exception of Alabama (last four classes 3,1,2,1) . UGA's last four classes were 1, 5, 3,2 (Rivals). Of the 25 players in UGA's 2020 #1 class, 7 transferred, 3 guys are going pro and, tragically, 1 player has died. That is almost half the #1 class that should be seniors this season.

I can see why Herbstreit said what he said. AL has the more experienced team and Saban has cherry picked the TP to fill any recruiting misses. I don't see LSU on UGA's level yet.

He picked AL and LSU because they have more game experience at QB. QB play will make or break UGA's season. That unknown alone is enough to question UGA's #1 preseason ranking. It will be interesting to watch it play out.

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2023

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Kirk!!! You might be my freakin’ hero! I’m pretty sure Kirby Smart is LOVING IT!

Kirby in the locker room, “See? You are getting NO respect! No one thinks you can three-peat. H.E.L.L., they believe lowly LSU is better than YOU! Nobody cares! Now, fu*k this $h1t! Go show them all on the field! Eat off the floor! Burn the boats! Just point at the scoreboard and laugh! AGGRESSION!”, etc., etc. 😎

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 662 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“He’ll find a way this year to get his team mad at the world…."

From your mouth to Kirby's ears, Mr. Herbstreit. Thank you!

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 936 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"Kirk Herbstreit is college football's preeminent analyst and one of the most respected football minds of his generation."....Well Mr. Kurbstreak.....Thank You JimWallace.....keep making uninformed, illogical speculations like Bama & LSU are a little bit ahead of The DAWGS and your ESPN Mantel of Magnificent Prognosticational.....Thank You Mr. Postoasties,.... Prophecy will be sorely sullied. If I were a gambler, I'd gladly bet the Ranch you're dead wrong.....BUT HEY, I love the BB material. ESPN's quintessential TOS FanBoy fails to recognize the off the scales quality and depth The DAWGS bring to Fall Grillin Season......We are the two pound Wagyu steak......by Sept. 2 Kirby & Company will have it seasoned & chared to perfection.....and given our schedule is at best Micky Dees to Burger Queen, there will be no competition until the SEC Championship, where we will render Bama or LSU done. Bring on the other pretenders....TOS, USC, Clem the Kitty or another Big 12 wonder team.

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not a Herbstreit fan but I’m thinking that’s really not an unfair assessment of this team. We have great young players and I believe they will grow quickly. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    Louis8478Louis8478 Posts: 168 ✭✭✭ Junior

Use it as fuel Kirby. Much respect to Nick, but two championships in a row and people are still lovey-dovey with a very old Nick Saban who's team has more questions than Kirby's. I really won't be surprised if Alabama loses 3-4 games this year. Go Dawgs! Win another one!

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 480 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Regardless of where the dawgs may or may not be in terms of talent and preparation, This is all about his precious buckeyes getting beat last year.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just what the Doctor Ordered! Thanks Captain!

• Options
    GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2023

Kirk H has his opinion and that is fine, but he has never coached a team or recruited players. He played the game but that is the extent of it. He is limited in scope and understanding of what Kirby has ahead of him. Kirby has played the game, recruited, and coached at all levels. Kirby seems excited about what he has this year, and we are not hearing all the doom and gloom talk about being thin at this or that position. Yes, he has mentioned that some experience is needed in areas and that we don't have the usual movers and shakers on the DL that we have had the previous two years, but remember, he also said that there would adjustments made to make up for that. We have some great edge rushers and we have competent players on the DL who will only get better, and I believe, will evolve into more of what Kirby wants there. All in all, this is not Smart's first rodeo and he will have his team ready. GO DAWGS!

• Options
    UGADawgUGADawg Posts: 70 ✭✭✭ Junior

Thanks, Herbie. A little motivation never hurt anyone.

Sounds like you still got a little glutt hurt that tOS lost to UGA last year.

• Options
    Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Clickbait pre-summer NONSENSE.

this article is littered with it.

The Georgia Bulldawgs are number 1, hands down. They will be attempting a three-peat land I am excited to see how this team develops and what they will bring to the table this upcoming season.

Herbstreit can stick it up his social Justice tears of sadness Fanny!

Is that what this site has turned into? Repeating and commenting on ESPN blowhard articles making up 85% of its content?

goodness. SMH.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2023

“As we sit here right now …. Bama, LSU (are) just a little bit ahead of Georgia"____Kirk "Wrong"Streit

Lol....in what way Kirk? Saban just replaced his coaching staff and lost all of the players "Wrongstreit" and the others placed such high regard in last year.. in fact...I distinctly remember "Wrongstreit" and ESPN saying that 2022 was Nick Saban's "Best Team Ever" with 2 Heisman Trophy Candidates on both sides of the ball.

Throw in the fact, that Saban doesn't have a QB, yet...and, UGA has 3 that could start in Tuscaloosa, tomorrow. I don't know what the hell Wrongstreit is looking at, but, it's not the first time he came up with some controversial, sideways prediction. You'd think he gets paid by the asininity of his remarks. The more far fetched...the better.

I get it Kirk....Other than "Coaching Staff continuity", the more experienced and talented QB Room, 8 returning "Starters on defense" and a Mickey Mouse schedule...what does UGA have that LSU and Bama don't? Lmao

2022 Herbstreit....."Nick Saban has the Best Quarterback...Best Defender...and, Best Running Back in 2022....they should win it all"...hmmm, what happened, there Kirk? It's almost as bad as your 2020 prediction, that Spencer Rattler would win the Heisman. Lol....thought we forgot all your other "can't miss predictions".

Herbstreit is "Gas Lighting" and he's not the only one. Lol...better for Kirby...bring it on, ESPN. The Dawgs WILL make you beg forgiveness on bended knee...after their 3-peat...if not...we'll see ya after the 4-peat...but, we may not be as willing to forgive.

This highlights one of the biggest ESPN deficiencies...We need more SEC guys working at ESPN. OSU and the BIG10 are "old news"...and, I barely remember who is/was in the PAC12. Lol

I don't much care, what Kirk "Wrongstreit" has to say...the opinion I respect comes in the form of a "Matt Stinchcolm" or "Roman Harper" or "Jim Donnan". They know SEC Football...which IS College Football. IMO