Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

BREAKING: Georgia flips 4-star RB Chauncey Bowens from rival Florida

SystemSystem Posts: 10,482 admin
edited June 2023 in Article commenting
imageBREAKING: Georgia flips 4-star RB Chauncey Bowens from rival Florida

Want to attack every day with the latest Georgia football recruiting info? That’s the Intel. This rep has the latest with the flip of 4-star RB Chauncey Bowens. He ranks as the nation’s No. 12 RB and the No. 202 overall prospect for 2024 on the 247Sports Composite ratings. The On3 Industry Ranking has him as the No. 16 RB and the No. 214 overall prospect.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    WoodstockDawgWoodstockDawg Posts: 250 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Great news and welcome!! Always great flipping someone from those gators! Looks like a big upside!

• Options
    dazzledawgdazzledawg Posts: 187 ✭✭✭ Junior

I’ll wait until he signs on the dotted line.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 937 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"Bowens has great vision. In our system, when every player blocks well, which is not uncommon, he will find his way downfield. Not just then. He's going to look great in our stadium and he'll love Athens and UGA." I noticed the same plus he is very patient at waiting for openings and cuts sharply. A young man his size and speed might be tempted to run over smaller defenders but he obviously knows his strengths and uses them well.......Welcome, Chauncey....GO DAWGS, SICEM!

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Welcome to the Dawg family, Chauncey! Thanks for becoming a Dawg! Be ready to help us win some more championships! Let's go!

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I dunno what kind of competition he's up against. But he looks as if he cuts and then speeds downfield like Sony Michel. And he's got 220 pounds before his freshman year. Awesome!

• Options
    10DAWG10DAWG Posts: 254 ✭✭✭ Junior

Scat Back at 220 lbs, gonna be a load for DB's, reminds me of Warrick Dunn.

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 828 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nice burst and shift, especially for a thick fella. That'll look mighty fine in red-and-black. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

His tape looks amazing! Just add strength and speed next 3 years and stay at 220-225.

Hills, hills, hills, sprints, sprints, sprints, squats, squats, squats...then more hills

I'm predicting NFL top 50 pick and a 4.38 40 yard time.

Love his vision

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The quality and size of competition may be inferior to his talents, which is not unusual for top players. Men against boys most times. But I know this. The guy is very highly rated but more than that, Dell McGee knows elite RB's like he knows the back of his hands, so we just got a really good one. Welcome Bowens! Tough luck Gators, ridin' through the down years again sucks again, but just seems worse now huh? Go B2B Champion Dawgs!!!