Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Los Angeles Rams QB Stetson Bennett engages in peculiar Twitter exchange with Senior Bowl director

SystemSystem Posts: 10,564 admin
edited June 2023 in Article commenting
imageLos Angeles Rams QB Stetson Bennett engages in peculiar Twitter exchange with Senior Bowl director

ATHENS — Stetson Bennett continues to be one of the most interesting players in football, even when he’s not on the field.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Stetson sticking it to the man! : )

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Stetson sticking it to the man! : )

• Options
    Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

SB4 will not be pigeonholed. It's funny how in the eyes of the many critics of the Dawgs, he went from being the QB that was propped up by his team to the irreplaceable linchpin. Good for #13.

• Options
    NorthHallDawgNorthHallDawg Posts: 85 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hoping Stetson is on a Super Bowl winning team... Two NC rings and a SB ring will make talking heads like Nagy eat their words...😉

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 401 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

You have to love the sport gurus who flip flop like a toad on a hot road. Started off with there is no way Georgia wins anything with a Walk-On QB. Followed up by, no way Bennet can do it again- Now they say "Without" Bennett Georgia has no chance to Three-Peat., Got to love how imbecilic people are and how much they hate the champs.

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nagy’s take was just silly. “Moral of the story is football isn't a highly skilled sport.”—among other things. Bennett’s response was appropriate, particularly given how Nagy attempted to negatively impact Bennett’s draft stock after Bennett declined an insulting belated Senior Bowl invite.

My only concern is how the media’s promotion of this ‘story’ impacts Bennett’s future. If the Rams are cool with it, then I applaud Bennett having the pluck to speak the truth. 😎

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 838 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2023

Not a Nagy fan, but Stetson should refrain from social media bait or other external distractions and maintain a singular, laser-like focus on Football... conditioning, playbook, teammates, etc. Time to stop looking at the review mirror and instead only through the windshield... what lies ahead is an incredible, limited opportunity, so his head needs to be ALL business at this juncture. In other words, if his actions or temptations won't directly facilitate progress on the SoFi gridiron, then let it go and get back to what does. Go Stets, Go Dawgs!

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2023

I would expect nothing less than 100% (blind?) support for SBIV here on the UGA fan webpage. But I think, in the UGA fans haste to defend its hero, fans (and SBIV?) may have misunderstood what Nagy was trying to say. The villagers were awfully quick to break out the torches.

Didn't really read the entire exchange but what I read sounded like Nagy was referring to NFL (CFB?) players fitting into a physical profile (mostly by position). Just like CKS (most big time program coaches) has a size profile for his CB's. You won't see any CB's playing for UGA that are under 6'0". You won't see any OL playing for UGA under 295-300 lbs. Only recently has CKS moved away from having no WR's smaller than 6'1" (after AL success with small/fast wr's?).

Same with the NFL with a couple of exceptions. Smaller wr's can play in the NFL if they are super fast. And QB is such a unique position that there is no firm mold for players at the position IF you can play. Smaller players have succeeded playing the position (Wilson, Tarkenton (different era), Brees, Vick (super fast), Flutie, ?) . Two more are queued up (BYoung, SBIV) to see if they can make it.

To deny that NFL players are, generally, the biggest, strongest, fastest, most ATHLETIC dudes you can find is blind support. SBIV, better than anyone, should understand that he is the exception rather than the rule. At this point, with his age/maturity and position, he should be above snarky comments about something that has no connection to him.

• Options
    78Dawg78Dawg Posts: 168 ✭✭✭ Junior

Stetson keeps up his chip on the shoulder comments. He not only insulted Dawg fans after the Natty he seems hell bent on insulting everyone. I for one am glad he's gone from UGA.

• Options

More Nagy fans with accounts on this site than I realized. lmao! 😇

Gooooo Stetson! Gooooo Dawgs! 😎

• Options
    edited June 2023

I, for one, am glad you only have 88 posts on this site. 😇

P.S. Two-time NCG mvp, winner of the Manning Award for best college QB of 2022, Heisman finalist… and you are glad he is gone? You gotta be a Bama fan to post stuff like this… 😉

• Options
    edited June 2023

You are a well-known Stetson-hater on this site. As you said, you didn’t read what Nagy said. Just so you are informed—it is total crap. Don’t be an apologist for an idiot. 🤣

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'll BET, Bama fans are not only glad...but, relieved to see Bennett go. Especially, with what they're putting under center, next year. Lmao...Bama's old news. LSU, SC, UT and A&M are the teams to watch, this year. IMO. Alabama, Auburn, Arkansas and Ole Miss are the outliers that will have an impact and play spoiler, but, not compete for the SEC.

I will add this caveat...IF Haynes proves to be the second coming of "Herschel Walker and Bo Jackson"...Bama could win it all with a great ground game and a stout defense. It's been done...and I won't put anything past Nick Saban.

@MikeGriffith .....

Mike...I just read and a saw a story by Alan Judd of the Atlanta Journal Constitution (AJC), with the following headline:

'OUT OF CONTROL': RECKLESS CULTURE OFF THE FIELD MARKS UGA FOOTBALL TEAM

What the hell??? How do you guys know "it marks the football team"? You only investigated the UGA Football Team. Immediately after Paul Finebaum interviewed Judd...Paul stated that it's a "systemic problem" across the Country...including traffic issues he knew about, at Alabama.

He also, called out UGA and Smart for not suspending anybody or publicly shaming them, for lack of a better description. He didn,'t identify a precedent for suspending a player for a traffic violation. Is there such a president? Who knows? An "Investigative Reporter" should know, since he wrote the story. Lol

Now, Judd said that they pulled all the public records involving UGA football players. My question to him, would be....Ga Tech is right there in your City....did you "investigate their traffic violations?

Did you "investigate" ANYBODY else's traffic violations for context...to determine if it was a "UGA Problem", or a "CFB Problem", or a "Student-Athlete Problem", or.....just a "Societal Problem", in general, that has been highlighted, due to UGA living under a microscope?

The AJC's ALAN JUDD...Threw UGA and Kirby Smart's brand under the bus to make a name for himself, plain and simple. His wreckless and incomplete story would at least warrant a demotion from "Senior Investigative Reporter" or preferably a termination, in my book. Unless, he's the best yall can find. Lol...if that's the case...we'll know how much weight to give "Investigative Reports" from the AJC, from here on out.

• Options
    Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I can be prone to hurt feelz when I believe I've been insulted. That said, I listened to SB4 at the celebration. He didn't say anything about Dawg fans. He was speaking to y'all who didn't believe in the team. I may not know much about a lot, but I'm purt shure that not believing in yer team isn't the definition of a fan. But that's just me.