Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

BREAKING: Elite 4-star DT Jordan Thomas has committed to Georgia football

SystemSystem Posts: 10,474 admin
edited June 2023 in Article commenting
imageBREAKING: Elite 4-star DT Jordan Thomas has committed to Georgia football

Want to attack every day with the latest Georgia football recruiting info? That’s the Intel. This rep has the latest with 4-star DT Jordan Thomas. He ranks as the nation’s No. 14 DL and the No. 106 overall prospect for 2024 on the 247Sports Composite ratings. On3 has him as the nation’s No. 14 DL and the No. 15 DL and the No. 112 overall recruit this cycle.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Welcome to DawgNation both Jordan and Justin! Excellent news! Keep 'em comin'!

• Options
    MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Jeff Sentell, it's Jordan, not Justin. Please correct that sub-heading.

GO DAWGS - very good news.

Jeff, what does this mean concerning the other DL prospects we are recruiting?

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Holy Smokes this guy is going to cause some serious damage to qbs in the SEC.

The 2 DL we have so far are both train wreckers. The 2 we are about to get are also train wreckers. There won't be a qb safe in the SEC for the next 3 years.

Now all we need is some OL to block these dudes in practice so they don't destroy our 2 all world qbs coming in. A safety and another wide receiver would be nice as well. I wouldn't mind getting the #1 linebacker. Wowzers, this class is off the charts. These young men are going to win a NC for sure.

Calling a Friend for a couple more OL committments.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Talk about meat and potatoes...Jordan Thomas is a stellar commit. Keeps tje UGA home fires burnin'.

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Welcome to the Dawg fam, Jordan! Just keep working hard and be ready to help the rest of these Dawg warriors win some championships! The grind to greatness never stops! Let’s go!

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    jvillebiljvillebil Posts: 166 ✭✭✭ Junior

We're getting so spoiled with all the top shelf recruiting. It like if he's not a 4-5 star it's like what's wrong with him?

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2023

Coach Scott, and Coach Brown, continue to show why they're worth their weight in gold..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 936 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's become so obvious that if you've got the DL juice, Coaches Scott & Brown add the DAWG touch to deliver the NFL squeeze.....I've got a feeling the remainder of our DL Official visitors realize this and all they've got to decide is if they've got the "juice" to become a DGD!

• Options

Honestly Greek there are a lot of guys who don't want to work. A lot of the prima donnas don't want to work. The difference between some of these 4 stars and 5 stars is minimal and the work, THE WORK, is what makes the difference. You and I know this because the generations are different. You want soft, you go to Ohio State and Clemson or Notre Dame.

The only schools right now that play football the right way are Alabama and Georgia and occasionally LSU. Other than that the other schools, ALL of the other schools are soft like Charmin.

The juice is created every day through THE WORK. THE WORK.

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I realize it’s US Open week in the world of golf, but calling this commit JUSTIN Thomas when his name is Jordan Thomas is less than acceptable.

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Pretty sure Nasir Johnson out of Dublin is going to Clemson. Why anyone from Middle Georgia having the opportunity to play for his in-state powerhouse would go anywhere else is basically nonsensical imo.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

IMO...some of these 4...and, sometimes 3-star athletes that Kirby has been signing every year...are underrated 5-star "football players". Rivals, On3, ESPN, and, the rest of the recruiting services...might want to follow Kirby's staff around and take notes on how to evaluate "Football Talent". Lol

NOTE...I said, "Football Players"...not "Athletes". They don't always equal the same thing...otherwise, the NFL would raid the US Olympic Team (etal.), for "Athletes", every year. I don't think the recruiting services take everything into account, when rating a HS Player...Kirby DOES.

They typically, only give the "high ratings" to players they've been exposed to through various Football Camps and word-of-mouth, among other things. That's how Bennett, Mckonkey, J Davis and others, slipped through the cracks.

According to the various recruiting services' guidelines...a player is rated based on apparent ceiling of athleticism...which is judged, based on a number of variables....i.e., Development Camp performances, HS statistics, Coaches' opinions, highlight film provided, etc.. The fewer the "variables" they have, to evaluate you with...the more likely you are, not to be accurately "Rated". IMO

Obviously...in retrospect...Bennett and Davis were actually 5-Star Athletes...but, we didn't find out, till they were given an opportunity in the best "College Football Development Program", with the best "Coaching Staff" in the Country. Neither, attended the Early Development Camps or received the usual exposure, 5-Star players usually receive.

There are others out there, that slipped through the cracks...and, Kirby is still looking for "A Few Good Men". Lol..."In Kirby I Trust". He'll find em. Go Big Red!

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2023

My guess would be...because, Kirby didn't offer him. The Dawgs only have 25 (nominal) scholarships every year. They can't sign all of UGA's best players...especially, when they are recruiting the top players in all the other States, such as New Jersey, Missouri, Tennessee, Carolina's and Cali.

I'll take THAT. Lol...Johnson may have wanted to sign with UGA. There just wasn't room. Same thing happened with Wil Anderson, from near Athens. He was never offered, even though he "wanted to go to UGA".

Some look at that as a "miss". But, when you consider what they signed that year...instead of Wil Anderson...you can't argue with it. All of em are in the NFL now...except "Adam Anderson". Which highlights a question...What's going on with that "Anderson rape charge"?

• Options
    CClayC88CClayC88 Posts: 126 ✭✭✭ Junior

@BigDawg888

Please explain to me how Clemson is soft yet beat Alabama for the National Championship. TWICE. Also I'm glad Ohio St is soft or they would have beaten us by 20 in the CFP semi

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Welcome Aboard!

• Options

We played our worst game and Stroud played his best and we still won even with OSU holding 3 or more of our guys on every single play. Even with cheating and bad play on our part we still won.

Clemson's championships are a thing of the past. Sorry you don't agree but Clemson is soft and you will find that out next year game 1. They don't have the defense to win a championship again and Dabo struck lightning with those qbs. Clemson will not sniff the championship game anytime in the next 4 years.

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

6'6" x2 and 310 and 315 #s? Holy cow! We just keep reloading!

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wow!

Congratulations to Kirby & Company and to this young man. It looks like a good fit. Hard to believe what a perfect machine and great factory Kirby has going on.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    NorthHallDawgNorthHallDawg Posts: 83 ✭✭✭ Junior

Man o' man, boy o' boy we keep reloading the "trench mob" every year. This guy can move; kinda reminds me of Jalen Carter. Looks like he can sign in December and go through the spring next year which will give him a leg up on other competitors. Outstanding!

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 479 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I agree with your comments. But remember there are only 32 5-star slots available. 4-star openings can vary based on the listing service.