Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Way-too-early ranking of Georgia 2024 schedule opponents

SystemSystem Posts: 10,499 admin
edited June 2023 in Article commenting
imageWay-too-early ranking of Georgia 2024 schedule opponents

ATHENS —This is now, and that’s then, but ….. how will things look entering the 2024 season?

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 664 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wow. That's a tough schedule.

The top four opponents are all going to be top 10 in recruited talent, and we face only one or them at home.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ceiling is 11-1, Floor 8-4. Very tough. The biggest issue is the young OL in 2024. Don't think they will be ready for that and we need some more 'instant' starter material in this class (this years OL class is weak which doesn't help). We got 2 good guys but they require development and it is hard to find OL talent ready to play with 21 and 22 year olds as an 18 year old.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm excited and very glad to see a tougher and varied conference schedule. It's about time. Look forward to a different conference schedule every season. And if we insert another Power 5 team into each year's schedule we should have a SOS that is very competitive - especially if we go to a 9-game conference schedule.

It means having a deeper talented bench is more important than ever. It also means that making it to the SEC Championship game AND winning it just got more important as the winner will most likely get a BYE in the first round of the playoffs.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 944 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'd bet the Ranch and a guaranteed map to The Lost Dutchman's treasure we're going to nine games in 25....as long as we can keep a bench 3-4 deep with starting talent, we'll be in great shape to handle anyone on the horizon....lookin forward to the first meeting of The DAWG D and Arch Manning!.......coulda, woulda, shoulda, but I'm **** glad he didn't!

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Manning won't play against UGA, unless 2 QB's suffer injuries and he's forced to play. Overrated, and overhyped= Arch Manning..

• Options
    ABQdawgABQdawg Posts: 4 ✭ Freshman

I am happy to see a challenging schedule in 2024. The 2023 schedule is a farce.

• Options

Good news is we are in as good a position an anyone in the country to getting it done in '24.

Best case scenario is either Griff or Beck is our starting qb with GS and DR backing up.

Worst case is Beck leaves everyone transfers and we have 2 guys green around the ears (2 true sophomores). That would be a disaster and we would probably be looking at 8-4.

Otherwise I got us going 11-1 or 10-2 and making the playoff still.

• Options
    vannvann Posts: 108 ✭✭✭ Junior

I see Texas as a tougher opponent than Tennessee depending on the Vols QB situation. Either way, it looks like every week will be a nail biter and I can't wait. I retire in August 24, so I know how I'll keep busy the rest of the year trying to support the Dawgs!

• Options

Nico is suppossed to be the real deal. I actually think they will be better with Nico then Milton but I guess if we see them early it could make a difference.