Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Closer look: Why ESPN ranks two-time champ Georgia the No. 3 team of the 2020s

SystemSystem Posts: 10,680 admin
edited June 2023 in Article commenting
imageCloser look: Why ESPN ranks two-time champ Georgia the No. 3 team of the 2020s

ATHENS — Georgia has won two of the three CFP Championships of the 2020s, but an ESPN paysite article ranks the Bulldogs as only the third best program of the decade.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

THIS: More titles in the decade than the rest of the country combined.

• Options
    Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    tndawg42tndawg42 Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

bull hockey...just an article to get clicks on ESPN+ PAY SITE

• Options
    jvillebiljvillebil Posts: 171 ✭✭✭ Junior

ESPN reminds me of the guy my brother beat up in high school. He always told me get the first shot in and make it count and don't let up till he begs. He always got the first shot right in the nose breaking it. So he did it to this supposedly tough guy and had him crying like a little girl. Later the tough guy said, if I had of gotten the first shot, I would have whipped him. Well just like UGA now we're getting the first shot and we're not letting up. Screw ESPN. Your opinion matters to me just like the toilet paper in my bathroom and you know what I use it for.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think the boys in Connecticutt are having some fun with us. No worries, let's just see how we do this year. Hopefully we can slip into the playoff and make a good showing.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2023

"If".. The largest 2 letter word in the English vocabulary lol if I had did this, if I hadn't of did that.. Like they say hindsight is always 20/20, especially for the loser 😆

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2023

Yes, exactly. Somehow that moron forgot that tOSU lost 2 years in a row to Michigan, who also got EMBARASSED in the playoff. But just because they showed up to play(and get smoked by) alabama in the national championship, guess that makes them #2? Only played 5-6 conference games in 2020 and beat a northwestern team, with more games played, in the big 10 "championship game". Oh, I forget, that was the year of the savior named Justin Fields. Weren't in the playoff in 2021. These guys have nothing to base rankings off of. Just another way to jab at georgia. Surprised uga isn't 4th and Clemson 3rd with their logic.

• Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 764 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited June 2023

‘21-22 Finish #1

’22-23 Finish #1

’23 Preseason #1

Thats all We need to know folks!

• Options
    dawgfromduluthdawgfromduluth Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited June 2023

Disney clickbait to shore-up their sinking stock. Hold my beer.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@dawgfromduluth...clickbait, yes....but actually Disney stock is up from where it was 6 months and a year ago...

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What did I tell yall, about ESPN, Bill Connelly and "Statistics"??? Lol

"even if that would make his team appear more dominant to poll voters or in metric-based rankings."_____@MikeGriffith

Which is exactly....what Smart wants to do. In addition to the other reasons...injury, health, depth, experience, etc.. But, mainly to pump the brakes on "Hype"...the death nell of any Champion.

Bill Connelly's sole mission at ESPN, is to keep the BIG10 & PAC12 relevant. Those are his babies and he's been bottle-feeding them for 2 decades. He's a big Michigan/OSU fan. Lol....wonder how both of those teams wound up in the CFP...along with an overmatched Cincinnati and TCU team from the BIG12.

Amazing...it looks like that those same BIG10/Big12/PAC10 teams of the "BCS Era" aren't as prevalent in post-season play, as they were under the ole "algorithm generated"...computer-based Champions of the "pre-CFP" Era. Must be 'cause they haven't fudged the numbers right just yet, huh?. Lol...Don't fret...Connelly is workin' on it.

As far as statistics without context...just keep changing the metrics around, till YOUR TEAM is on top. Lmao...asinine. And, ESPN has an audience that's completely sold on their methods of "logic". What happened to education in our fine Country, since I was a kid? Do they even teach algebra, trigonometry and calculus, anymore? Lol

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If not for the asinine drivel released by ESPN “experts”, there would be no DawgNation nor sites like it and surely no Paul F-baum Show from March to the end of July because there would be virtually nothing to write about

The only obvious qualification required to become an ESPN “expert” on an ESPN pay site, is to be able to write a story with more grammatically correct sentences than not. That’s why the DN writers will never make the big bucks.