Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kamari Lassiter will be much more than a leader for Georgia football secondary

SystemSystem Posts: 10,486 admin
edited June 2023 in Article commenting
imageKamari Lassiter will be much more than a leader for Georgia football secondary

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, and everything else UGA.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Excited about Lassiter.

Our cornerbacks are studs. All of them.

Expecting AJ Harris to make a move by mid-season and to be a starter next year. Out of Greene Everette and Humphrey not sure who wins that battle but probably one of those guys transfers at seasons end since we have Ellis IV coming in.

Even more excited about our safety situaion which is looking quite favorable.

We may have the best secondary in the country...it is going to be tough to pass on us.

• Options
    GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2023

I love the "no names" that come to Georgia and make an IMPACT. Lassiter is one of the many that have walked through the locker room to go eventually to bigger and better things. Yes, I see that for his future. Sundays will soon be a busy day for this DGD. This year will prove it.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lassiter is a solid CB. Excellent at run support, good in coverage, confident and a leader. He isn't a super sticky CB. "He didn’t record an interception and had only four pass breakups (in '22)", CR. That means either opposing QB's aren't throwing to his side or he isn't close enough to make more plays. No reason not to expect his coverage skills to improve. Hopefully he will and whoever wins out at the other CB brings some lock down coverage skills.

A CB's best friend is a good pass rush. The UGA '23 pass rush is TBD at this point. The consistency and quality of UGA's pass rush will determine how high the '23 D's ceiling will be.

'23 UGA CB's will benefit from solid and experienced S play backing them up.

• Options
    robinsdawgrobinsdawg Posts: 106 ✭✭✭ Junior

I asked for an article, I think after last year's Tenn game, on Lassiter, kind of like this one. I think the numbers aren't impressive, not due to his lack of skill, but on the contrary, his excellent coverage skills. He may have blanketed his coverage so well, the opposing QB didn't try going in his direction.