Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Social media reacts to Dylan Raiola’s transfer to Georgia high school power Buford

SystemSystem Posts: 10,567 admin
edited June 2023 in Article commenting
imageSocial media reacts to Dylan Raiola’s transfer to Georgia high school power Buford

We knew 5-star quarterback Dylan Raiola would be making his way to Georgia at some point. The No. 1 overall player in the country committed to Georgia back in May.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2023

Awesome! He moves up to play against the best as well as moves closer to UGA for visits and such.

THIS is the type of player we want at Georgia. Compare that with Mr Manning who was happy playing average (not really improving) at some church-level school while avoiding any sort of Elite competition.

Based on this path, I'm betting he'll be a Top 3 pick for the NFL. Of course, Stafford was #1 and didn't really have record-breaking numbers at UGA but I bet Dylan will.

• Options
    jvillebiljvillebil Posts: 169 ✭✭✭ Junior

Well never been a Buford fan but as a UGA graduate ,but now Go Wolves!

• Options
    CClayC88CClayC88 Posts: 126 ✭✭✭ Junior

@kirkhilles

I think Peyton and Eli turned out pretty good from playing at that "church-level" school

• Options
    iamaugafaniamaugafan Posts: 23 ✭✭ Sophomore

I absolutely love this move by Kirby! Win'em over Dylan! Go Dawgs!

😎

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 500 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

And we are all looking forward to seeing that church level guy named Brock Vandergriff get his opportunity!!

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 395 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I am 100% Dawg. Been so for over 50 years. First a correction: Dylan did not play his first three years of high school ball in AZ. Freshman year he played at a high school in Phoenix. Sophomore year he played at a high school in TX. Played at Chandler, AZ High last year. Then transferred to the school he played at as a freshman. Now he transferred to Buford.

Am I the only Dawg fan concerned about a kid playing for 4 different high schools in 4 years? Loyalty to teammates, schools, and coaches should mean something.

• Options

Hope he doesn’t get his feelings hurt at UGA. If he does, I would expect him to transfer again. He has that transfer thing down to a science.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just a comparison for fun, nothing more lol.. It's really no different than what JT Daniels has done playing football. Daniels re-classified, left HS a year early. Enrolled at USC, got injured, couldn't win the job back, he leaves USC, and comes to UGA. He gets injured again, and again he couldn't win the job back. So, he leaves Athens for West Virginia. He plays 1 year at WV, and announces after the season that he's transferring yet again..to Rice.

• Options

So true. JT was not as mobile in high school, but his college career has been rough.