Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

How Dylan Raiola’s transfer impacts not just Georiga football but the entire state

SystemSystem Posts: 10,701 admin
edited June 2023 in Article commenting
imageHow Dylan Raiola’s transfer impacts not just Georiga football but the entire state

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, and everything else UGA.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"If Buford wins a state championship, you can bet Smart will bring this up when talking about Raiola in press settings."____

And...Buford's Athletic Department and Coaching Staff..owe Kirby a debt. Maybe that'll translate to more 5-stars being "encouraged" to attend UGA. Lol

• Options
    MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Personally I'm getting Raiola overload. Dawgs are a team and IMHO we will be fine with or without him. Don't get me wrong, I hope he's successful and has a great career as a Dawg but if I'm Beck, BVG, Stockton it's wearing my skin thin.

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 520 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“Were Raiola to play his senior season in Arizona, it would be difficult for him to get to Athens for marquee home games.”

sorry Conner, but the SC or KY games really do not merit a “marquee” status.

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 383 ✭✭✭ Junior

Where is he playing Connor? lol! In your second paragraph you said Buford, Ga like 3 times in 1 sentence. He is traveling from Arizona to Buford, Ga to play for Buford HS in Buford, Ga. hahahaha - just yanking your chain

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 378 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

What about the kid who was already there and put in his time? If I'm that kid, I am not happy. Possibly 3 years of hard work for a team that is proven to already have a winning group now has this? I get players transferring to IMG. That is what they do. Buford is a regular, public high school.

What if Raiola gets beat out and doesn't start? Is he expecting it to be handed to him, a la justin fields?

• Options

I was thinking the same, exact thing. But figured, why bother commenting. Most of "Dawg Nation" probably got a pretty good chuckle out of that one. However...what else was Conner supposed to write? That's all he had to work with.

Buford's home games will probably be more exciting and interesting than the one's coming out of Athens. Lol

• Options

I honestly don't think it matters, at this point. Raiola could walk on to UGA's team, right now...and Kirby would welcome him with open arms. He COULD just sit out the '23 season and have a personal trainer and QB Coach, work with him between now and January. I'm sure NIL would reimburse him for the expense, in some way.

He's a Dawg, no matter what, now...provided HE doesn't change his mind. This "move" pretty much guarantees his commitment...to an extent.

But, I DO get what you're saying. I'm sure it (team chemistry) is gonna give Buford's Head Coach a few "sleepless nights", between now, and their first game of '23.

I don't know what Buford's quarterback situation was/is, from last year to this,...but, if they have a good incumbent QB with 2 or 3 years experience...plus Raiola...things could get interesting in Buford. Competition breeds excellence...if it's handled correctly. Which is why I'm looking forward to Bobo unleashing HIS QB trio..."Cerberus", this year, one or two quarterbacks at the time.

IMO...Every one of those boys, "Beck, BVG and Stockton", could play the quarterback position at a varying "elite levels", when they signed with UGA. Then you throw in the "elite level" of "competition, training and guidance", they received over the course of 1.5 to 3.5 years...and, wow.

If Raiola is willing to throw his hat in THAT ring, with the confidence and commitment he's demonstrated so far....I can't wait to see him mature and leading the charge. But first...there's Beck, BVG and Hunter. Been looking forward to each one of those guys to vine ripen. Looks like, both Beck and BVG are ready to be harvested. Lol

• Options
    UGADawg93UGADawg93 Posts: 5 ✭ Freshman

Seems like a good kid from a solid family. But, four high schools?

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Move 1 - moved for his sister

Move 2 - moved for his Dad's business opportunity to California

Move 3 - not sure

Move 4 - Buford

I'm not concerned at all. My sister just moved away from west coast which is going downhill fast with the crime so you can hardly blame anyone for that. Moving closer to where you are going to play makes good sense to me. So 3 out of the 4 make sense and everything I've heard about him is positive. Not sure who is trying to put a negative spin on this. He is involved with his church and that tells me more about him then anything else.