Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Former Georgia QB Stetson Bennett makes Hollywood story official, signs with Los Angeles Rams

SystemSystem Posts: 10,482 admin
edited June 2023 in Article commenting
imageFormer Georgia QB Stetson Bennett makes Hollywood story official, signs with Los Angeles Rams

Stetson Bennett put his Hollywood story in writing on Thursday.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Sony was drafted by the Patriots dude.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2023

"Michel, who was drafted by Los Angeles in 2018"____Jack Leo

False....Michel was taken in the 1st round by The Patriots and Bill Belichick. In fact Belichick came down to UGA's Pro Days event to observe Michel and an OL, David Andrews, that they also wound up drafting.

What did I tell yall about today's journalistic standards?. Lol...just kidding... Anybody can make a mistake.

Stetson "Bet Bennett"...my nickname for him, Lol...will probably make more money in endorsements and side projects, than he ever makes in NFL Contract dollars, over the long-haul. If he plays his cards right. Can't wait to see him take the field.

Go Dawgs!!!

Go Rams!!

Go Eagles!!

Git er done Steelers!!

Did I miss anybody? Lol

• Options
    DawgOnDawgOn Posts: 265 ✭✭✭ Junior

Move over, Rudy  Ruettiger, a good Stetson caps your story any day of the week!

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

" OL, David Andrews, that they also wound up drafting." False. DAndrews was undrafted and signed as a FA.

• Options
    truthtellertruthteller Posts: 226 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited June 2023

@UGADad20

@BigDawg61

Dang! The Fact checkers are out in full force!

• Options
    edited June 2023

That was the lineman that Belichick came to observe at UGA Pro Days...correct?

Lol...let me remind you...I don't get paid to research everything I say. I go mostly off memory.

I don't remember if they drafted him or not. I could've sworn they did. Not even sure if that was his name...there's been so many..Lol...but, I remember the event and the players being highlighted. For the most part. I do know he was UGA's premier offensive lineman at the time and a lot of teams were interested.

@UGADad20

FYI...I "researched" the 2018 Draft Dawgs.....it was not Andrews,, that Belichick was after...it was Isiah Wynn.

Andrews was 3 years earlier...2015. And, indeed, was an UFA that signed with Belichick. Which is why he went shopping in Athens. He liked their product.

Maybe this'll help ya out, remembering Wynn and the 2018 draft, which is the topic of conversation. My mistake.

"He played college football at Georgia and was selected by the Patriots in the first round of the 2018 NFL Draft, where he played the first five years of his career."____Wikepedia on Isiah Wynn

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2023

@BigDawg61

Awfully thin skin chief. I didn't call you out. I only showed you that anyone can make a mistake. I should've let it pass just like you probably should've let Jack Leo pass. Because it is not important. Had it been anyone but you I would've let it pass. LOL.

BTW we all remember Wynn was the 1st rd pick of the Patriots (the 1st OL 1st rd pick of the CKS era?) and Michel. I remember thinking NE got a steal in Andrews when I flipped on their game(s) and he was starting C after not getting drafted (avg size/strength/arms).

Maybe Leo was thinking about Gurley being a 1st rd pick by the Rams (StL?) just like you were thinking of Wynn and not Andrews?

• Options
    edited June 2023

Dude...c'mon. Lol...I wasn't perturbed in the least...and, actually appreciated the correction. I wasn't sure about the name to begin with...just the position, and should've made that clear.

Lol...next time...just tell me the name. Don't make me look it up...I'm retired. 🤣

"Maybe Leo was thinking about Gurley being a 1st rd pick by the Rams (StL?) just like you were thinking of Wynn and not Andrews?"___G dad 20

Exactly,...that's why I literally said, "Lol...just kidding... Anybody can make a mistake.". I was joking and I didn't really mean for it to be taken seriously.