Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football podcast: Kirk Herbstreit doubles down on doubts about UGA

SystemSystem Posts: 10,534 admin
edited June 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football podcast: Kirk Herbstreit doubles down on doubts about UGA

Georgia football is the No. 1 topic every day on DawgNation Daily — the daily podcast for fans of the national champion Georgia Bulldogs. Catch up on everything happening with UGA athletics with host Brandon Adams and the DawgNation experts as they break down the latest Georgia football recruiting news and discuss coach Kirby Smart’s quest to keep the Bulldogs on top of the college football world. On episode No. 1,977 (June 27, 2023) of the podcast, Georgia fans can hear a discussion about what ESPN analyst Kirk Herbstreit doubles down on doubts about UGA.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Please God...let them continue to doubt. Playing right into Kirby's wheelhouse...and pissin' Saban off. Lol...yummy rat poison...gotta love it. Kirby sure does.

Take all their names and remarks...and post em at the end of the year, after the CFPCG...when they say, "Who doubted UGA? I never doubted em for a minute. In fact I predicted they'd win the Natty...just last night.".

Lol...they think we're brainless morons and can't see for ourselves, what's hap'nin'. UGA is still On the uphill ride...Bama is on the downhill slide. Other teams in the SEC are in better shape than Alabama is and have been over the last year and a half or so.

Brian Kelly at LSU might have something to say about Herbstreit's remarks. Coach Heupel and Beamer might, as well. And, there's Ole Jimbo, Kiffin, Pittman and Napier chirpin' in the background.

Why are ESPN analysts so in love with Alabama? Because, they're lazy. Nick Saban made their jobs so easy over the last 15 years, that they forgot how to "Analyze & Report". They just pull up old material on Saban and Bama and regurgitate it for mass consumption.

When was the last time their predictions were correct? Lol...Bennett was barely on their Heisman Watch List. Even though he proved out to be one the best...if not "The Best" quarterback in College Football last year...duplicating his 2021 feat of MVP performances in both CFP Games.

• Options
    Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This. Except for the "they think we're brainless morons..." . I'm not sure these "experts" think that deeply about what they say.

• Options
    edited June 2023

Lol...yep. I thought I might be givin' em too much credit. Thanks for keepin' it real.

I'm going to start calling these so-called "doubters"..."Champion Denialists". Lol

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Herbstreit is “all in” on his apparent disdain for Georgia and that’s probably never going to change. I know it’s y’all’s job to report every negative or positive thing these so called experts have to say about our Dawgs but from this point forward I’m going to ignore and not read anything on DawgNation that has Herbstreits name in the title. I gave up on the NFL for kneeling, my Bud Light for, well you know, and I can do this too! 🤣 Go Dawgs!

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This feels like much ado about nothing...

It's June, it is pretty boring with the exception of some excitement around recruiting which only the hard core fans pay attention to anyways.

Herbstreit is the Kingmaker of College Football for now and that other guy McAfee is the new hot millenial know it all airbag. Pollack is now playing the role of Dum Dum to McAfee's facial expressions and comments.

We need to remember this is ALL FOR RATINGS. Bama whether we like it or not is the NY Yankees of college football. That is not going to change anytime soon if ever. Casual fans, like Stephen A. Smith, who don't know much about college football attach themselves to Alabama so they can feel good about picking a winner just like casual baseball fans, my sister, decided to follow the Yankees even though she grew up in Seattle.

It's just the world we live in.

The Kingmaker of College Football wants someone else to win it and Rolling Ol Nicky Back (like Weekend at Bernie's) is a pretty juicy storyline UNTIL it isn't. As soon as Ol Nicky loses to Texas this storyline will get trashed and they will move on to Texas Is Back again or if LSU beats Ol Nicky it will be GEAUX Tigers and how awesome is Brian Kelly.

Remember this is ALL FOR RATINGS.

Note: Keep Herbstreit's son Zak in your prayers. He has a heart condition and I'm sure Kirk would appreciate your kind thoughts as Zak has a long road back.

• Options
    dawgfromduluthdawgfromduluth Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

Nothing new here. The Dawgs continue to make Herbstreit look bad.

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 479 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Who cares what Kirk Herbstreit says?

• Options
    BeachwagonBeachwagon Posts: 146 ✭✭✭ Junior

Herbstreit is just bitter because the Dawgs winded his beloved BuckNuts last January and whipped their exhausted arses in the fourth quarter with superior play and coaching. He is now out for revenge about the Dawgnation. Turn him off this year anytime his **** mug comes on the screen.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What does Herbstreit and Stroud have in common that no other quarterbacks in the history of Ohio State can say?

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 400 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Herbstreit's BS is spinach to us Dawgs- Oh Yeah the Dawgs are Popeye.

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 400 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 951 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Connor hit the nail....Herbstreit is spread too thin. He's lazy and lives in the past and thus bases his comments on yesterdays news. I also think he represents a "wishful thinking group" that would like TOS and Bama to be the perennial college football kings....sorry bro but that ship sunk the past two seasons.....Bama getting beat by The Dawgs, LSU and Tenn and TOS croaking against Big Blue....Bama & TOS are the teams able to attract a galaxy of stared HS players but fail to develop them into TEAM players.....UGA on the other hand, takes 3 star guys and makes NFL prospects that would die for their TEAM Mates. Herbstreit, keep beatin your gums, The DAWGS got a BIG Bulletin Board! GOOOO DAWGS, SICEM!

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2023

It doesn't take a genius to know the odds aren't in the DAWGS favor to win 3 in a row. Mighty Alabama has never done it, Michigan has never come close, nor has herbstreit's alma mater.. ohio state. Good old Common sense tells you those odds are very high to win 3 in a row. Tell us something we don't already know.. mr. espn "expert" 🙄

• Options
    edited June 2023

Actually, I think the "odds"...with all things considered...are in the Dawgs favor. Unlike past attempts...they are competing in a playoff system.

Point 1....They aren't dependent on hype and good press, to get in the Championship Game. They will play for the privilege with wins...not votes.

Point 2....They have a much more favorable 3rd year schedule than previous candidates.

Point 3....Their roster is filled with NFL-Grade talent that is just coming into it's own, after a rebuilding year...2022.

Point 4....The impact of the incoming top-5 recruiting class, is expected to be assignment-specific and immediate...but, not "necessary". Most Teams don't have that luxury...including Bama.

Point 5....The Dawgs play in a Conference that is typically expected to produce 2 CFP Representatives. Alabama & UGA won the Natty, without "winning" their Conference. Bama did it without even winning their division. Lol...at least twice...once in the BCS era (2011)...and again, in the CFP era (2017). They almost pulled it off again, last year...but, ESPN Darling, Ohio St, won out in the political part of CFP Team selection process.

Point 6....Bama, without a doubt, lost more than any other SEC School (**) from 2022 to 2023 with a complete overhaul of their coaching staff and loss of 3 of "College Football's Best Players of 2022" (Young, Anderson, Gibbs)...the foundation of team leadership over the last couple of years. Bama is currently in turmoil, while the Dawgs are relatively stable.

**Note: An argument could be made for MSU losing it's Head Coach; however, their 2022 talent level, performance and expectations don't rise to the magnitude of Bama's losses..."overall". IMO

I'm NOT SAYING that Bama's completely off the rails...but, they sure as hell, don't rate this kind of "high expectation and hype". I don't understand where that's coming from in 2023...anymore than I could, last year. At least there was an argument for Bama to be a contender in 2022.

I WILL SAY this...If Nick Saban, indeed, turns the program around this year and they resemble some of the hard-nosed, "blood 'n guts", Saban/Smart teams, of old...I will concede that he is the best College Football Coach of the last 60 years. Nah...just kidding...I'll go ahead and concede that, right now. Lol...but, Smart is the "Best College Football Coach"...of the next 60 years.