Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

David Pollack among those laid off by ESPN

SystemSystem Posts: 10,473 admin
edited June 2023 in Article commenting
imageDavid Pollack among those laid off by ESPN

David Pollack will not be on the College GameDay set this fall. Andrew Marchand of the New York Post reports that Pollack is among those who have been laid off by ESPN.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Wow, ESPN is really **** wind right now. Will they even be around to cover the SEC in a couple of years?

• Options
    BeachwagonBeachwagon Posts: 146 ✭✭✭ Junior

Ijl

if we are intellectually honest here, I think it is clear that ESPN has a real bias against the UGA football program. David Pollack was our presence on ESPN. It is no coincidence that his statements that UGA is on top of the mountain in front of Saban the old goat as we demolished TCU was his last game. The DawgNation should not take this affront sitting on our thumbs.

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2023

I won’t watch gameday as much now. They get rid of Pollack but they keep all the bone heads on the sec nation or the sec final shows, except for Watson.

• Options
    edubbedubb Posts: 54 ✭✭✭ Junior

Except for Paul Finebaum and the UGA games ESPN televise I would never watch the crappy channel. Every show they have sucks with loud mouth liberals shouting and spouting their useless trash. Most of their shows act like they are soap operas and only the brain dead would waste a moment of life on them.

• Options
    BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nick got him fired lol. Calling UGA the current "Kings of College Football," right in his face.

• Options
    BigFanBigFan Posts: 146 ✭✭✭ Junior

agree with everything said already. i switched over to cbs sports a few years back. cbs analysts use numbers in their analysis. espn is just bloviating left wing narrative. i was up and down on pollack, but he's way better than desmond howard. and mcafee is a clown. just another franchise disney has destroyed: marvel universe; star wars; indiana jones ... espn.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2023

Best of luck in your future Mr. Pollack, a **** fine DAWG. espn lost their best 2 reporters within the last 2 years. 1st was Maria Taylor leaving (very wise decision), and now Pollack being " laid off".. But they keep clowns like McAfee, Herbsteit, and several more on the payroll. I rarely watched game day, because of lee corso, and his sideshow crew of Michigan homer desmond howard, and the Ohio bucknut kirk herbstreit. I will only watch espn now if the DAWGS are playing on the Entire Sports Politics Network..

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"Cost Cutting Measures"....my shiny ass!

He was fired for challenging Saint Nick in front of a live television audience...and, embarrassing him...and the producer & network, that talked him into sitting in. It was brought up on Finebaum earlier today...then, BAM...Pollack's gone, tonight.

%$#@ ESPN with a set of old baseball spikes. I swear, I hate that "woke-ass, corrupt, CNN wannabe" network, with a passion. Stephen A Smith oughta leave, too.

David...you are far better off. Now, you can speak your mind about football, women's right to compete with women, in sports and anything else that might be on your mind...without fear of being censored.

You could start your own "Twitter Cast". Elon Musk is looking at doing some interesting things with Twitter that could wind up going head-to-head with the likes of CNN, ESPN and other former Ted Turner creations. He IS our modern day Ted Turner...IMO.

Or...."Coach Pollack" don't sound bad either. Lol