Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

SEC all-time passing leader: Offenses win titles, USC could pass Georgia

SystemSystem Posts: 10,461 admin
edited July 2023 in Article commenting
imageSEC all-time passing leader: Offenses win titles, USC could pass Georgia

ATHENS — Offenses win championships, according to the SEC’s all-time leading passer, and that’s why USC could surpass Georgia this season.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 397 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Aaron-I tell you what-If USC makes it then I'll bet you $100Grand that Georgia beats them.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2023

Just hold on a minute Aaron...our DEFENSE won our first NC in over 40 years in 2021...NOT the offense. I'm not saying offenses don't win Championships, but even Bama has proven a suffocating defense can lead the way.

Until anyone shows me that Riley and/or his coaches know how to develop and retain a stout defense, I'm not betting on USC to even make the playoffs.

• Options
    bogarttadbogarttad Posts: 277 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

AM is doing his best Rodney Dangerfield impression for this year's Dawgs: "We don't get no respect...even from our own". I guarantee CKS luvs it!

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 475 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Simple social media strategy to increase his viewers. He has been too much a “homer” for non UGA fans to watch. I’m predicting that he will have more “THIS team is great” podcasts.

dawg fans. He wants you to banter with the other teams to create viewership. Nothing more than that.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Could BAMA have beaten UGA with the HEisman trophy winner and the best receiver in the nation and probably the 2nd or 3rd best receiver in the nation if they were both 100% in NCG? Maybe? Probably? Would you bet your house on it? But they weren't healthy and so all we're left with is conjecture on the part of BAMA fans and evidently AAron. But what team goes though the whole year without losing an important piece or two? Very few, if any, whether that's baseball, football, or cricket.

THe Braves won a WS without Ronald Acuna and by picking up a couple of stop gap type players at the trade deadline who over-performed in crunch time.. It's a team game and it's all about the next man up. Saban knows that and so does CKS. Aaron should know that,too!

USC barely eked by some pretty mediocre teams last season. Heisman trophy winner not withstanding.

• Options
    JTM22JTM22 Posts: 62 ✭✭✭ Junior

USC will have a game where they ‘beat’ themselves. Count on it.

• Options
    truthtellertruthteller Posts: 226 ✭✭✭ Junior

Ridiculous. I don't care if Murray is the __________ or _________. Doesn't matter what he did, what he is saying is wrong. Sure, he said that if tohs had all their players healthy on offense and if their premiere receiver had not been knocked out of the game they probably beat Georgia. Blah, blah, blah. Would've, Could've, DIDN'T. The bottom line is what happened, Georgia WON. Deal with it. What if Georgia had Nolan Smith? What if McConkey had been 100%, ??? Georgia had players out of the game too. Didn't matter, obviously. I hate it went commentators go into "What If?" land. Let's deal with what happened. Besides, Georgia crushed some elite offenses over the last 2 years with DEFENSE. That is why they didn't score many points. Got any answers for that Murray? Or just more excuses?? Geez. MG, I am a big fan, but we do not need to hear from this crackpot again.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Pac 10 will be pretty competitive this year. Utah, Washington and Oregon are all EQUAL contendors with USC. Their is a good chance they get beat twice and miss the playoff.

I do think Aaron has some good points but I need to see that defense a few times in bigger games to decide. Offense alone is not enough.

The biggest threat to us 3-Peating is ourselves. We have the players to do it and our defense should be better. Will we beat ourselves?

• Options
    dawgfromduluthdawgfromduluth Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    99nout99nout Posts: 218 ✭✭✭ Junior

The only thing that matters at the end of the game is what's on the scoreboard.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Seems we have 1 downvoter for everyone saying the same thing. Speak up and give a defense of your keyboard bravery, unless you know you have none.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Utah did not just squeak by USC, it was by 23! UGA came back against Ohio State 14 down! And, Murray and Mike G. are again "if" this and "if" that...come on. This article is a filler by Griffith. You could plug many team names in this one.

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭✭ Senior