Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Florida Gators aim to put bite back into ‘The Swamp,’ $400 million stadium renovation on tap

SystemSystem Posts: 10,486 admin
edited July 2023 in Article commenting
imageFlorida Gators aim to put bite back into ‘The Swamp,’ $400 million stadium renovation on tap

ATHENS — Florida football is in dire need of a makeover, and part of that will involve a stadium renovation.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The University of West Gainesville will have a renovated and beautiful stadium just perfect for the beatdowns coming their way. Don't worry, they'll still be able to beat Vanderbilt and sometimes Kentucky and South Carolina.

As usual expect them to tie Tennessee, away or at home. That way everyone gets to kiss their sister or cousin.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    truthtellertruthteller Posts: 226 ✭✭✭ Junior

Start by renovating what is put on the field first, then see if it is worth fixing what's around it.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, whenever this makeover gets completed in the Swamp then I'd say there is even MORE of a reason for the Dawgs to play there...and in Athens against them Gators....NOT Jacksonville.

• Options
    Billy2131Billy2131 Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

Outside of Spurrier and the Clown 🤡 Urbans runs for a little under 20 years...University of Florida's football program has. been sub par....just the facts folks...

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So, the 6-7 Napier 2022 season was all about ambience and facilities. Throwing $400 million at facilities and stadium is going to boost game performance to a 9 or 10 win season in 2023 and beyond? It may well help recruiting but this is a Napier problem not stadium. Admittedly, he has done much better recruiting this year....NIL? I am just not seeing the coaching performance so touted when first hired. I will leave it at that. I would like to see UGA vs FL home and home. The Dawgs should have no problem with Napier this season.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 939 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

For 400 mil they just need to move Weeki Wachie to the swamp.....the mermaids and real gator should help win a few more home games.

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 477 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Do you think that the gators can spend their way out of the swamp? And, by the way who cares?

• Options
    vannvann Posts: 108 ✭✭✭ Junior

I can't wait to go watch UGA destroy UF in the Swamp! That will be a great day.