Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia lineman Tate Ratledge: ‘Neyland Stadium is the best stadium in the SEC’

SystemSystem Posts: 10,466 admin
edited July 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia lineman Tate Ratledge: ‘Neyland Stadium is the best stadium in the SEC’

ATHENS — Georgia football has received plenty of offseason criticism on account of its schedule, but the road trip to Tennessee could prove daunting.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 347 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited July 2023

I think the visual of a complete bowl with the checkerboard pattern, as shown in the photo at the top of this article, goes a long way toward influencing perceptions in Tennessee's favor. It also helps that the checkerboard is such a traditional thing. A Penn State white out in Happy Valley is a similar tradition.

Our 2007 blackout game against Auburn also fits this narrative, but we do not have as much of a tradition of such things. I still love the atmosphere at Sanford, but I will acknowledge that the visual of a stadium-wide color pattern can be striking.

• Options
    ATDATD Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'll agree that it's a great college football environment. I hate the VOLS, but love to travel to Knoxville and watch our Dawgs kick the few teeth they have in.

• Options
    BeachwagonBeachwagon Posts: 146 ✭✭✭ Junior

Neyland Stadium will be my favorite stadium during 18-19 November when we spank the coonhounds of the Purina Nation!

• Options
    truthtellertruthteller Posts: 226 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited July 2023

It's hard to contrast the stadium environments when Georgia fans have had so few exciting opponents at Sanford over the years. When there is something on the line, or a close game between rivals, the Georgia crowd has proven to be up to the task. Again, the recent Tenn game, the blackout game with Auburn, these are great examples of what Sanford Stadium can be like when there is something to cheer for. Having as many laskluster games there can certainly contribute to apathy among the fans. Scheduling for Georgia home games has always been an issue. There haven't been as many night games and a lot of noon games. I think all of that changes when the SEC starts rotating games better. You can't tell me that place won't be rocking when Alabama, Oklahoma, Texas, and LSU come to Athens. Perhaps Tenn also seems to be the better stadium environment because over the last 10 years, the Vols seem to be fighting for their lives in many games and don't have as many lopsided games as Georgia has. It's hard to get fans in a frenzy when the home team (Georgia) is already up by 3 scores by the half and plays conservatively the 2nd half. Just sayin.

• Options
    OldJeepBobOldJeepBob Posts: 71 ✭✭✭ Junior

I am willing to bet Ratledge has never observed a game in the stands in Neyland. It is all steel construction, and sways and leans when the crowds get in sync. I thought several times we would wind up in that Tennessee River. NOT a great fan experience!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I can hear Vol lineman facing Ratledge this year...hey Tate, thanks for the Neyland bump. I'll go easy on you for that one. Yeah...sure. You load Sanford with rabid fans and Neyland will sound like a small drum. Slow;y but surely, AD Brooks is upgrading Sanford, especially the open ends. Thanks Sedrick for setting Ratledge straight. I was not amused by his remark. But them I am a fan, he a player.

• Options
    10DAWG10DAWG Posts: 254 ✭✭✭ Junior

What's utk's record against those rivals at home and what's UGA's against their's, nuff said. It was proven last year when 10K fewer fans in an open ended stadium was louder than utk beating bama for the first time in ever.

• Options
    Michael_ScarnMichael_Scarn Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Gary Danielson was right in his consistent comments about Tenn. not looking like a team use to playing big games. The stage in Sanford Stadium was clearly too big for them in 2022. For Georgia to take away the amped up Vols crowd they'll need to get up on Tenn. early, just like they did in 2022.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That cow pasture field in knoxville? Really? And those orange wearing obnoxious clown fans are the worst..

• Options
    Billy2131Billy2131 Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

He can have his opinion and I respect that...however, never talk down on your employer, programs home field and the University of Georgia... awful optics and just plain **** of him to make that comment.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agree with much of what you say @truthteller. I would add the 2019 Notre Dame game to the list those in which the Sanford Stadium crowd was at its leather-lunged loudest.

• Options
    SnakeScott13SnakeScott13 Posts: 91 ✭✭✭ Junior

He’s a kid , he’s a Dawg and he’s entitled to his opinion . Nothing to see here .

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agree. Another nothingburger...

Can we get to fall camp yet? Man these stories are bad...must be July...