Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Report: Georgia freshman linebacker cited for speeding, 88 in a 55 mph zone

SystemSystem Posts: 10,461 admin
edited July 2023 in Article commenting
imageReport: Georgia freshman linebacker cited for speeding, 88 in a 55 mph zone

ATHENS — Georgia freshman linebacker Samuel M’Pemba, one of many potential impact players in UGA’s 2023 signing class, was reportedly cited for speeding on Wednesday.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    WoodrowWoodrow Posts: 85 ✭✭✭ Junior

Wow, a speeding ticket in a 55...never seen that happen. That speed happens every day on 75, 85, and 285. Nothing to really see here in my opinion a freshman made a mistake. Was not racing, just had a lead foot, lesson learned.

• Options
    SufferinginAtlantaSufferinginAtlanta Posts: 58 ✭✭✭ Junior

A young man driving too fast. It’s scary, sad and extremely common.

• Options
    78Dawg78Dawg Posts: 166 ✭✭✭ Junior

This is really getting old. SMH.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Stairs, Fine and Driver's Education for you. Plus more stairs...

AAAARRRGH more speeding, really? C'Mon Dawgs we can do better.

• Options
    edubbedubb Posts: 54 ✭✭✭ Junior

Guilty as charged pay the fine go through the class and slow down! I am glad that every time I topped 80 mph I did not get caught in the day! Youth equals foolish choices and the graveyard is full of examples.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 931 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"undisclosed internal discipline".....my suggestion would be for first offense, a fine of 10% of all NIL money earned during the players tenure. Second offense, 25%, after that it would be a question of commitment to the program and future as a DAWG.

• Options
    GaBoi69GaBoi69 Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior

I believe in second chances and kids learning from their mistakes. Speeding is starting to become an epidemic with Georgia football players. Whatever Coach Smart is doing to deter this behavior is not working. Not only did kids from the team die from this, but it is the possibility of another motorist meeting that fate with players driving at a high rate of speed. It is like condoning drinking and driving. It is time for someone to be made an example. If not this behavior will continue.

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Every time one of these kids get stopped for speeding they become marked men by the police because all their driving information is on record for any cop who wants to profile a black kid driving by in a shiny new car. This happens everyday. It's called "driving while black".

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

BigDawg61, what you’re asking for is actual journalism. That horse is dead and buried. There was a time that journalists and their editors took pride in the stories that went to print for public consumption. Now, professional bloggers, with no grasp whatsoever of English grammar, obviously have no editors. They throw mud against a wall to see what sticks to produce clicks and then move on to find more mud. Stories with context? They went to the grave with the likes of Bisher and Outlar.

• Options
    FATTYORANGELOSTFATTYORANGELOST Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

Any grown man using LOL is dead to me

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2023

My sentiments, exactly. I think, maybe the reason we don't have better journalism today, is.....

1. Because, we don't demand it.

OR

2. ?

I guess, most of us have learned to do our own research. But, Journalists have access to information that we don't have, through the FOI Act and "Press Passes". Like it or not...we depend on their integrity as journalists to seek all relevant information from every available source, and report the facts.....BEFORE....giving their opinion.

It just doesn't work that way, anymore....but, that doesn't mean "it shouldn't"...IMO

Go Dawgs...work past this narrative. Or, better yet...ignore it and keep working. Good dogs.

• Options
    DawgOnDawgOn Posts: 265 ✭✭✭ Junior

Looked at your last three headlines, Mike - chose not to read any. Should you think this off-topic, I assure you that is a matter of opinion, as I think it a very worthy topic.

• Options
    CharlestonDawgFanCharlestonDawgFan Posts: 85 ✭✭✭ Junior

Grew up there. Did more than my fair share of times going those speeds. Only difference was that I didn’t have the media watching my every move with a spotlight. Good luck to the man. A ticket (or 2) for speeding and he’ll remember to slow down. I promise you numerous UGA students do this everyday. They just don’t play football.

• Options
    georgiajeepn2019georgiajeepn2019 Posts: 323 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Everyone please turn on their sarcasm alarm. Just when we got dinged again this week by the airbag AJC of course one of our idiots knew just what we needed to take the attention off of the problem.