Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Northwestern hazing investigation underscores on-field value of Georgia football team chemistry

SystemSystem Posts: 10,570 admin
edited July 2023 in Article commenting
imageNorthwestern hazing investigation underscores on-field value of Georgia football team chemistry

ATHENS — The investigation into hazing allegations at Northwestern underscores the value of Kirby Smart building and maintaining close relationships between players and coaches that has translated on the field.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    georgiajeepn2019georgiajeepn2019 Posts: 326 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have never understood why it is even called hazing when it is clearly a grown man forcing a simulated and sometimes even worse sex act on another man. Weird.

• Options
    AlicelookingAlicelooking Posts: 9 ✭ Freshman

Disgusting. Where's the accountability? The coach should be fired and maybe the president also. So much for "in loco parentis." No wonder their record was 1-11 last year, duh.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 960 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Maybe now the national media's focus on "culture" will pay attention to other schools as well as successful programs. Fitzgerald, as well as the entire coaching staff should be fired. Not knowing is at best dereliction of duty and given last years record, 1/11 he has not earned what ever his pay is.

• Options
    99nout99nout Posts: 220 ✭✭✭ Junior

And we're concerned about speeding tickets?

• Options
    BigFanBigFan Posts: 148 ✭✭✭ Junior

Nice article, Mike. A good observation (and then article) on "culture" and how we do it right.

• Options
    DawgOnDawgOn Posts: 265 ✭✭✭ Junior

Had I three thumbs, Mike, they would all be pointed upward, for this article is timely, and mind-boggling at the same time. That ESPN is involved in the story is a bit questionable considering their current whatever you wish to call it (come with the thumbs down). I can hardly imagine any team culture devolving to the degree it allegedly did at Northwestern, but that may have more to say about my age than it does about the likely hood of something like this happening in most areas of the country. This disabled veteran is beyond proud Kirby heads a program based on ideals (hard work, discipline, team loyalty, etc.) that preclude, to a great deal, such occurring at UGA. Well, that is about all this UGA alumnus has to say except: GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2023

And now Fitzgerald is history at Northwestern after 17 years. This will hurt an already weak program even more, with players leaving, and recruits now will look elsewhere to attend collegs. Unless this so called "prestigious", weak little 10 school is their only option. Fitzgerald should never coach again..period! He had to know it was happening, he had to. If he had no idea about it, he would probably still have a job after a NCAA, and internal investigation into the accusations. But that's not the case. I wouldn't be at all suprised to learn it's happened for years under his, and the schools so called guidance ( and more firings should follow if accountability is upheld). I wouldn't trust Fitzgerald with a single penny, much less 1 of my kids.

• Options
    CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 348 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This sounds a lot like Penn State with Paterno and Sanduskey. It must be something to do with the Big 10 and a total lack of accountability until the situation is completely out of hand.