Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia baseball coach Wes Johnson collecting talent, building confident program

SystemSystem Posts: 10,536 admin
edited July 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia baseball coach Wes Johnson collecting talent, building confident program

ATHENS — Wes Johnson takes over as Georgia’s new head coach with a shiny new CWS ring from LSU and a belief he can get another one coaching the Bulldogs.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Refreshing. Looking forward to next season with guarded optimism. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I really believe this guy is going to turn around the program. He has a specific skill that will help us turn around an area that has been a weakness. Fix that and change out a few players with better ones and we will be back in Omaha in 2-3 years. This guy is very hands on and a great teacher.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 951 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“It’s all about the players,” Johnson said, explaining his approach to leading Georgia baseball into the future.

“You take them to another level, and the winning takes care of itself.”....WOW, sounds exactly like my favorite Coach of all time....this philosophy has worked well for Kirby and Company and I'm betting the Ranch it will work for The Diamond Dawgs! If this turns out like I'm expecting.....more DAWGS going to MLB, I'll have to shake off the dust off my lagging interest that I once had for the Braves during their Glory Days 91-05!

• Options
    10DAWG10DAWG Posts: 258 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited July 2023

Again, I hope the powers that be, give him all the resources he needs. This should be an all in effort on the part of UGA and fans. Georgia has as much or more talent than any other state, and due to the fact that the support and funding has been lacking, they are exporting that talent and bringing riches to other programs. I realize they are going to invest 45 mil.in the program, but when you have the likes of Miss St. pouring in 70 mil and UTK 50 mil after they just spent 50 mil, it seems a little short sighted because those programs were light years ahead already. With the momentum football is having, this is the perfect time to bring baseball, and basketball out of the doldrums. GATA !!!