Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

ESPN analyst shares how Georgia football could be in ‘big trouble’ due to 2023 schedule

SystemSystem Posts: 10,473 admin
edited July 2023 in Article commenting
imageESPN analyst shares how Georgia football could be in ‘big trouble’ due to 2023 schedule

Georgia’s 2023 schedule is going to be a season-long storyline. Even with the Bulldogs winning back-to-back national championships, the strength of Georgia’s schedule is going to lend doubt about how good the Bulldogs are.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    jamboogiejamboogie Posts: 188 ✭✭✭ Junior

worthless ponderings

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Next thing she'll say, "Oklahoma will be in the playoff this year". Disney putting on the pressure cooker to make up articles.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just like the media does most years with Bama, they should give the Dawgs the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. The Dawgs just need to make sure they don't beat themselves.

All the Dawgs need to do to make the playoffs is win the SEC Championship game, and they are in.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ahhh, good old Heather offering left overs again....just throw in new info and names. Yawn. Georgia will do just fine..win the SEC and the three-peat. Let's play ball in about 50 days! I am ready. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Okay, so this gal gets a job at ESPN because she is somewhat easy on the eyes and automatically becomes a college football “expert” because she gets a paycheck from the mothership? If she had gotten axed in the most recent round of layoffs, would her “expert”opinion of UGA’s schedule be a story?

For a real story, get David Pollack out of bed and ask him about the quality of Georgia’s schedule. Just because he is no longer employed at ESPN doesn’t make him any less of an expert!

• Options
    edubbedubb Posts: 54 ✭✭✭ Junior

Amazing how this guy seems to be rooting for an upset? What is funny is that most of the SEC teams Georgia faces will be ranked in the top 25 at some point in the season? So that means these teams can beat 9 out of ten teams throughout the country and win some of the smaller conferences? I think these statements go to point out how good UGA recruits and how bad ESPN wants to see the Dawgs fail.

• Options
    dawgfromduluthdawgfromduluth Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited July 2023

ESPN viewership is tanking and it's all hands trying to generate clicks and views. Overwhelming domination of college football by the Dawgs is a big threat to their viewership reach and, hence, ad revenue.. They have to stir things up. The problem with ESPN, is that they are loaded with biased "journalists". Davis - Alabama; Herbstreit - OSU; Heather - Purdue alum from PA. On and on and on. Snark is a bad look for ESPN.

If they were committed to DEI, they wouldn't have fired Pollack. Am I right?

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hard to predict the future but if we are the first team to win it all 3 years in a row I'm ok with holding us to an undefeated regular season. It is kind of boring for other fans to watch us kick everyone's arse.

Tennessee is a long ways off. We have a lot of football before then. Injuries happen, stuff happens.

I am excited to see these guys play and the amazing players we have. One of the most fun things about college ball is seeing the new talent assert itself. The "Oh Wow!" moments. The pure joy of winning and especially the buzz high you get when you lay it on a rival. I am literally in a good mood for a week after kicking Floriduh's butts.

So yah, haters gonna hate. Along the way to us getting our 3rd in a row and making history I am going to enjoy seeing our 2nd and 3rd teamers ball out this year. I am going to love the gaudy stats and the big smiles at the end of and during the games. College football is just so much fun. As far as the ESPN pundits and the AJC. They can proverbially toot my horn for me as I don't really care.

I'm gonna have fun whether we win it or not. This team is full of so much talent. It is just a spectacle and worth the price of admission to see this 'NFL Team'

• Options
    ScDawg73ScDawg73 Posts: 9 ✭ Freshman

What is funny to me is when Bama has a pushover schedule, ESPN says nothing. Anyway, yup our schedule is pretty weak at this point. We can only play the schedule they give us, so don't blame us, but as the season goes on, I'm sure a few of our opponents will become ranked and boost our sched strength....maybe.

• Options
    BeachwagonBeachwagon Posts: 146 ✭✭✭ Junior

Not to worry, Bulldog Nation! Tennessee has been hyper-hyped ever since Hendon Hooker started his one-trick-pony instant passing scheme. Once that was figured out and his toothpick legs blew out, they have maintained their media darling status. They are highly, highly overrated for this upcoming season. Milton can throw long distances but not accurately. What does this mean to one of the best secondaries in the nation? Interceptions! Granted that the Purina Nation will try to match Sanford's enthusiasm from last year, but even giving them seven to ten points for home field advantage, Georgia will win with double digits.

So our schedule this year is out of UGA's control. We can always point out that we sought the OK game but that it was taken away against our protests. Unless we suffer a Mark Richt game where the players forgot why they were even on the field to play football and lose to an inferior team. We will go into the SEC championship. Win or lose, we will be in the final CFP playoffs.

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 478 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Quiet frankly, If Tenn beats the dawgs, do we deserve an opportunity?. This years schedule will be tougher than the pundits predict. SC, Tenn, and maybe GT(yes I said Tech) may be ranked in the top 25, with Auburn and Kentucky giving is a good show during parts of the season. By the time we play Tech, the Dawgs may have had 5 or 6 opponents that were in the national conversation.

See how easy that was, giving the Dawgs a tough schedule. EXACTLY, none of us know, until the games are played!!

• Options
    CDDawgsCDDawgs Posts: 56 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited July 2023

What a joke the ESPN clown show has become. And, other than when ESPN is televising games, does anyone watch their idiocy for real football, or any other sport for that matter, information and analyses.