Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

ESPN analyst shares how Georgia football could be in ‘big trouble’ due to 2023 schedule

2»

Comments

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    dragonslayerdragonslayer Posts: 697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If, if , if.... Let's see, if Tenn beats UGA giving UGA its only loss, but keeps UGA out of the SECCG, that would mean that UT has at MOST, one conference loss. It could happen, but seems unlikely. It could cost the DAWGS a playoff spot if it happens, but maybe not. If it does, is that really "BIG TROUBLE" going 11-1, and likely winning a post-season game? Tenn plays 6 SEC teams before playing UGA., including Bama and ATM, so the issue of SECE champ has a good chance to have been decided BEFORE Nov 18. I want to see 3-in-a-row as much as anyone, but I wouldn't characterize a 12-1 season with a top 5 ranking in the final poll "big trouble."

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

When I saw the name Dinich attached to the article, I knew it was more "expert" opinion from the ESPN CLOWN show. Hard to be an expert on something you've never participated in, and have only watched as a fan 🙄

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2023

Dinich is a female.. So, to me, it's hard to be an "expert" on something youve only watched as a fan. Shes never played 1 down in a competitive football game in her life, what a joke. Closest she's came is a backyard, after Thanksgiving dinner pick up game. I've played football, coached football, and have been a fan longer than Dinich has been alive, but I don't consider myself close to being the expert she's made out to be. It's actually kind of funny, ESPN hires you, and you suddenly become an expert overnight.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just like with the Herbie comments, Thanks Heather for the Bulletin Board material !! Kirby will use it to stoke the fires even hotter with our Dawgs.

And to Repeat ( just like we’re gonna 3peat !!) if it was Bama you’d have to be careful not to slip and fall in the love drool from these loblollies !! So ESPN Yall keep on hating while the Dawgs keep on winning !!

• Options
    cbp1947cbp1947 Posts: 51 ✭✭✭ Junior

Heather Dinich….. 🙄🙄🥱🥱🥱🥱

• Options
    GawgiaboyGawgiaboy Posts: 16 ✭✭ Sophomore

ESPN should stick to politics because they know nothing about Dawgs football! The last two years they've had even worse predictions about the Dawgs and we know how that turned out.

• Options
    BigFanBigFan Posts: 147 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited July 2023

“If an asteroid hits Sanford Stadium, the Dawgs could be in big trouble,” ESPN’s Heather Dinich wrote. 

• Options
    FloridaSuxFloridaSux Posts: 76 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited July 2023

@UGA66 Offering left overs again. Isn't that Disney's motto now?

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2023

I agree. ESPN and Heather are being short-sighted, as usual. Basing their comments on 2020, 2021 and 2022 results. I guess they're expecting Ga Tech and South Carolina to be the same teams they were for the last 3 years.

But, a casual fan could tell you...Tech has improved every game under new management and I expect em to put up a pretty good fight over the ACC, this year, with their new transfer QB. Supposedly, he's been turning heads..

While...South Carolina is ready to explode on the Beamer train...or, whatever....Lol. Rattler is gettin' ready to shut some flappin' ESPN gums...UP. And, I can't wait to hear all the "ESPN excuses" on why nobody thought they could compete. In fact...the "E" in ESPN stands for "Excuses". I think they were going for "Excuses Are Us"...,but...too many vowels. Lol

IMO...UGA better watch out for those 2 teams. Tech and S.C. have always given UGA a game...going back to "The Wishbone"...&..."George Rogers" days. As long as the Dawgs play "their game" to "their standard"...they should be walkin' on sunshine into the CFP.

This is the 2nd Salvo on UGA's playoff hopes and team culture. The 1st was the planted story about "speeding". They're going to work on a reason to squeeze UGA out of the CFP, the way they did in '07 and '18.

Attack their culture...attack their schedule...attack the "team leaders"...try to disrupt team unity and chemistry. Lol...if ESPN didn't launch this attack...Saban DID. Money and power make for strange bedfellows. Standby...I'm sure there will be more to come before December.

I just hope Kirby built his team to withstand a barrage of attacks from Jealous Coaches and Spiteful Journalists and Commentators desiring their team hold the top of the mountain.

• Options

They squeezed Alabama out last year. The fact of the matter is we need to go 12-0 in the regular season. Seems a daunting task for any team no less a team dealing with all of the distractions.

Let Josh and the UGAAA deal with the noise and let coach get back to coaching. 1 game at a time is more relevant than ever. If I am feeling tired of the distractions I'm sure it is 1000 times worse for the team and coaches.

Control what you can control and leave the rest up to prayer. Go Dawgs!

BTW I still think we win it again this year fwiw but I'm going to enjoy this team's talent and the ride regardless. We are just that talented and deep.

• Options
    edited July 2023

You're right about squeezing Bama out, last year. It kinda shocked me, that they didn't find a reason to leave OSU or TCU out of the CFP.

I think there were too many Bill Connelly's and Heather Dinich's desiring an "OSU vs Michigan Natty Game". They just didn't have the nutsack to leave an undeserving TCU Team out...since it was their intensive "Hype Fest" that got em there, in the first place. Kinda like the "Great Cincinnati Hype Storm of '21". Lol

I don't know who they think they're kidding, by pretending to be "unbiased" and "expert". There's no such thing, in Sports Talk! People that tend to believe they are unbiased...will bend over backwards in the "other direction"...and show bias in that direction. Very few...just tell it like it is, anymore. Where's Howard Cossell and "Dandy Don" when ya need em? Lmao

Seriously...one of the least biased Commentators out there, is Paul Finebaum. He's old school journalism. Yeah...everybody knows he's a Bammer and Tennessee Homer...but, he doesn't try to hide it or let it effect his opinion.

Looks like everybody bailed on this conversation, but, you and me. So, I'm gonna give you a gift. Lol...My way-too-early picks for 2023.

SEC EAST.....1. UGA. 2. SC. 3. UT. 4. KTY. 5. Mizzu. 6. Vandy. 7. UF.

SWAG (Submariner's Wild-Ass Guess)....Napier is fired at the end of season and Stoops is hired to replace him.

SEC WEST.....1. LSU. 2. A&M. 3. Bama. 4. ARK. 5. MISS. 6. AUB. 7. Miss St

SWAG.....Saban is forced to retire due to health concerns. SEC West coaching carousel and musical chairs begins. Coaching changes all over the place. Lol

Oh yeah....and, the Dawgs walk away with the SECCG and another undefeated season....much to the chagrin of "ESPN's Flapping Gums".

Too many variables to hone in on the final 4...but, I don't see anybody beating the Dawgs this year...so, it don't much matter. I would like to see the Dawgs play USC in the Rose Bowl...or, anywhere...once in my lifetime, at least. USC hs as good a chance as anybody, to get in the CFP.

• Options

It is going to take a lot for us to lose this year. Only team that can beat us is us.

Kirby is the right man for the job. I think if anyone can keep us focused it is him.

I firmly believe the only thing that will prevent us from winning 3 in a row is WWIII.

Now for your predictions. Napier gets 3 years imo unless he doesn't win 6 games both of this year and next year. I like you A&M in 2nd...put up or shut up time for Jimbo.

I don't think Saban retires yet. That #1 recruiting class will be sophomores. I think he comes back for 2 more years or until he wins it (any of this and the next 2).

I would love to go back to the Rose Bowl. Last time was amazing. Seeing the Dawgs beat USC in the Rose Bowl would be epic, Oh and lastly I agree on Finebaum. I'm glad they gave him a tan and some new clothes.

• Options
    edited July 2023

"I firmly believe the only thing that will prevent us from winning 3 in a row is WWIII."_____BigDawg888

Man...hush your mouth. Lol...you know Baba Vanga essentially predicted that...Sort of.

Her prediction...or, prophecy...states that Europe would be void of people in 2025. What, other than a nuclear release on that continent, could possibly cause such a thing. Your imagination is as good as mine.

I said the same thing about Mullin, that you're saying about Napier. However, Florida's fanbase proved to be unrealistically impatient and shortsighted. I see losses piling up early...then a spanking by UGA....then, a replay of 2022, with a rapid downfall and recruiting "misses". Too many people are already second guessing the hiring of Napier. Mullin had far "more" support going into 2021...and, look what happened to him.

Some would say, 'Mullin got, what he had coming to him'...with his attitude toward the Fans and Press. Lol...didn't ESPN hire him? SMH...and, fired Pollack. Hmmm

As far as Saban...if he leaves, it won't be by choice. It's not about Bama Culture or talent or anything like that, IMO. It's gonna be about his health. He will press harder than ever this year, with something to prove. I just don't think his physiology is gonna handle that, very well. They WILL lose 3 or 4 games. And, it won't be as close or debatable as the last 2 years...cause Young is gone...and, he's the guy that pulled out a few games, they should've lost. No Alabama Heroics, this year.

Once he leaves...a lot of doors are gonna be swingin' on the hinges all over the College Football landscape.

USC vs UGA....from your lips to God's ear. We can only hope...and, pray.

Lol...yeah, I like ole Paul. I think he said he covered the Dawgs during their 1980 run. I was watching old film on the Sugar Bowl win against Notre Dame...and, I could've sworn, I saw him running from the Dawgs side of the field, along with the team, after the game. He had black hair, styled with "a bowl". Lol

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 939 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2023

FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS....Know who you are playing, Prepare accordingly by practicing like you're going to play TOS again, execute on every play, Don't dwell on miscues, improve on the next play, Help your TEAM mates look good by doing your job so efficiently you can always lend a helping hand, HAVE FUN! Remember, every opponent we play will want to FOCUS too!

We have 12 games in which to hone our skills. There will be no easy games and there will be injuries/opportunities for the next man....be prepared. Starting with the SEC Championship, the competition will become more equal....these opponents (IMO LSU, TOS/Oregon) They will want to FOCUS even more!

Three-peat is the thing realized when you've FOCUSED on the opponent at hand!

• Options

I agree. Kirby will be the right guy to keep us focused. One play at a time, one game at a time.