Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Safety Jaylen Heyward de-commits from 2024 Georgia football recruiting class

SystemSystem Posts: 10,681 admin
edited July 2023 in Article commenting
imageSafety Jaylen Heyward de-commits from 2024 Georgia football recruiting class

Georgia has seen one member of its 2024 recruiting class open up his recruiting process, as 4-star safety Jaylen Heyward announced his de-commitment on Tuesday.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 383 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

We need a new word. “Commitment” has a pretty particular meaning, and the regular DEcimmitment of players sort of nullifies it. If you’re committed, you’re committed. If you may very well decommit, then you’ve only just said you’re probably going to do a thing.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I could not agree more osmosiphobe. "Decommittment simply means you were never really committed in the first place. How about when a prospect accepts an offer they sign a letter of engagement.....engagements are broken all of the time, a better looking woman, a richer man, realization the juice ain't worth the squeeze, enticing promises rather than the truth, people ,for a variety of reasons, change their minds. Hey, better to find out now than to waste everyone's time pretending. The GREAT NEWS....The door just opened wide for a player willing and unafraid to meet the challenge of becoming a DGD!

This sounds to me, Sorta like turning down a meal at Ruth Chris to eat at Mickey D's.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think the more we find out about Bloody Tuesday and Eating Off The Floor, Embracing the Grind, You Gotta Really Love Football, We Will Not Be Hunted, Never Take A Rep Off, Attack The Day, etc.

The more we learn and find out about this the more we know it takes more than just stars to cut it at Georgia under CKS. Like Stet says, "Them Dawgs Is Hell"

If you can make it at Georgia and start then you are something special. Elite. Best of The Best.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree. That's not much of a commitment.

I suggest the term "Sweet-on". Lol.....<Example>...."Raiola is Sweet-on Georgia".

See...no real commitment in that statement, yet...promising.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This! Is! Sparta! Haha

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 859 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If we weren't so stacked with talent, both on the current roster and in the 2024 class, I might be concerned. But we are, so I'm not. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 412 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 412 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

KJ will gratefully take your spot

• Options
    dazzledawgdazzledawg Posts: 203 ✭✭✭ Junior

I wouldn’t be flippant about it. I don’t trust any of these guys until they sign on the dotted line.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think the kids do get intimidated by the talent. Some of them do. Other kids are confident and just know that they will work hard and do their best.

It does take a special kind of person/player to look at 8 guys all ranked higher than you when they committed and still commit. It is mentally too much for some of these kids. Plus many of them have been on 'the circuit' with these other players so they know what the other guys can do.

That is the beauty of a guy like Brock Bowers, or Javon Bullard, or Eric Stokes, etc. who come anyways and then beat out every 4 and 5 star at their position.

If you are intimidated by the talent then it is probably better to just decommit now because you won't have the mental fortitude to make it when it gets tough and Kirby starts yelling.