Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football tabbed to win 2023 SEC in preseason media day poll

SystemSystem Posts: 10,488 admin
edited July 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football tabbed to win 2023 SEC in preseason media day poll

For the first time under Kirby Smart, the Georgia Bulldogs have been picked by the media at the SEC media days to win the SEC.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Brian Kelly will show y'all that he is ready for Saban, and the SEC West. Last year was no fluke.

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 398 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Watch out for William Mote on the Georgia special teams. He is a bowling ball of terror and I hope we use him to return punts.

• Options
    CdjdawgCdjdawg Posts: 16 ✭ Freshman

Does the 8 in parenthesis by Vandy mean they received 8 first place votes?

• Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 745 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Since 1992 9 of 31 preseason picks have turned out to be correct. ~30% Theres the value of this and all preseason polls.

• Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 745 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Does the 8 in parenthesis by Vandy mean they received 8 first place votes?

Lot of Vandy media types in Nashville.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'd rather be picked to finish lower. It's always better to overachieve and surprise folks.

(But, at least the voters are somewhat in touch with reality. The Dawgs have earned the status.)

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Petesdawgs I think you are mixing up William Motes (SN) with Mekhi Mews (WR)

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    saldivensaldiven Posts: 57 ✭✭✭ Junior

Meh. They usually get it wrong, so it's not like this is a good thing.

• Options
    CClayC88CClayC88 Posts: 126 ✭✭✭ Junior

I know it's off topic but why is DawgNation not reporting that Justin Williams is announcing his decision between UGA/ Oregon on Monday night. Kind of a big deal especially with Demarcus Riddick's final decision coming on Wednesday

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2023

John, great info....my research reveals a lot of teams claim a lot of Championships and three peats, even Army has a ligit claim for the years 44, 45 and 46.... of course they also claim to have won WWII! My Navy brethern, Marines, Air Force, Coast Guard and Merchant Marines beg to differ....My point is none of these teams would last a quarter with this years, last years or the 21 DAWGS before invoking the mercy rule and calling the DAWGS OFF! So, IMHO, IF The DAWGS can pull off another undefeated season (The Gophers went 7-1 to cinch their 3-peat) They will be THE UNDISPUTED ALL TIME COLLEGE FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS! GOOOOO DAWGS, SICEM!