Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Michigan reportedly makes a loud statement about Georgia football’s place in college football

2»

Comments

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree. Michigan just runs the wrong type of offense to beat us. Run first offense is not going to beat Georgia this year.

I think the elite qb play, elite wrs, are the only type of offense that can knock us off. Those of course are Tennessee (if they get elite qb play and can replace those wrs from last year), Alabama (they have elite wrs but the qb play is the question mark), LSU (they appear to have the qb but not sure about their wrs), and OSU (they have highly rated qbs and the best wrs). So those 4 are the teams I think who have a legitimate chance. Out of the teams above OSU has some concerns around their OL as does Tennessee. The defenses for Tennessee and OSU are also not elite. So I think it really comes down to Alabama and LSU again with LSU being the biggest threat imo (barring injuries).

• Options
    dragonslayerdragonslayer Posts: 697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wrong. Day was still moaning and whining over a month later according to a Sports Illustrated article on Feb 1.

• Options
    TIMLAW10TIMLAW10 Posts: 46 ✭✭ Sophomore

Yawn. Who cares? Show it first. Until then, shut up.

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Who? Michigan? They should worry about OSU and PSU first, before worrying about us.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't think that'll be the case..."this year".

The Dawgs will have "elite defensive backfield talent" to neutralize "elite receivers"...and, their front 7 will look a lot like 2021's version. They are healthy and deep on the defensive side of the ball. So deep...that a former 5-star DL, Bear Alexander's, had to transfer to find "playing time".

Kirby has the DB talent to turn the front 7 loose on all comers without worrying about being burned on the back -end of the play.. He is planning on throwing more Blitzes at opposing offenses, this year, that should result in more turnovers...and more sacks than in the previous 2 years combined.

In 2021...Kirby didn't have that luxury. He didn't have enough DB's to run a "dime defense", which protects against the pass, on passing downs. Thank goodness they had an All-World front 7 to even the odds.

In 2022...the "elite DB Talent" acquired in the 2022 recruiting cycle was young and inexperienced. The front 7, once again, rose to the challenge of protecting the back-end and allowing the young talent to grow and gel. This prohibited the defense from running blitzes every play...and impacted the turnover and sack numbers.

This year...Kirby is removing the proverbial chains off the defense. I expect a more complete...and, better...overall defense, than we saw in 2021. The Dawgs will be a better version of themselves in 2023, with everything in place...except a "starting QB and RB". Knowin' what we have in the RB & QB Rooms...I like our odds of finding what's needed.

Lol...in the Kirby Smart version of Georgia Bulldogs...the cupboard is NEVER bare.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree and think that this SHOULD be the most complete team we have ever had on both sides of the ball. The defense should be close to 2021 and the offense should be better than 2022.

So...we should be unstoppable barring injuries to key starters.

3-Peat

• Options
    edited June 2023

What's funny to me about this Herbstreit business...is that, you know doggone well, he sees what we see. Why is he tooting Bama's horn?

If Nick Saban had the opportunity to swap QB Rooms with Kirby...he'd do it, in a heartbeat. It's not so much that UGA's quarterbacks are more talented...but, they are at least "as talented"...AND...more "mature & experienced" than the QB Room Saban has now. Not to mention the fact, that the guy that recruited the QB's at Bama, is no longer there.

Bama's offense will probably look a lot different, this year. Not as explosive as recent teams. That would also mean...everybody on the team, including the QB's, will have to learn a new offense and terminology.

Herbstreit knows this, too. So. What do ya call it, when he ignores those key facts? Dishonesty, in journalism? A lie, in an effort to "sway public opinion"? Lol...doesn't matter, does it? We're used to those kind of kinards in the press. I look forward to seeing all of em, eat crow...again!.

• Options
    edited June 2023

To the individual that "Down Voted" my post....please...if you have a rebuttal or don't agree, I'd like to hear YOUR opinion. If you have one, that is. If not...okay, we'll agree to disagree. But, I know I'm right. Lol

Or....you may agree...but, just don't like the fact I said it out loud. And, that's fine, too. Sad to see a storied program like Bama and Coach like Saban on "the skids"...but...better them than us. Lol

IMO...Nick Saban is in, almost exactly the same position, Smart was in, in 2016...his 1st year at UGA. Richt did not leave the cupboard bare at UGA in 2016, so Kirby had material to work with...much like Saban, this year. Kirby lost 4 or 5 games, that first year, with a "new coaching staff" and a Freshman QB. That's more-or-less what Saban is working with, this year.

I predict Bama will lose 4 games this year. Mark it down. Lol...we'll revisit this conversation in November.

• Options
    BeachwagonBeachwagon Posts: 146 ✭✭✭ Junior

Michigan is a joke. Highly overrated... Talk is cheap...