Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

BREAKING: All-American LB Kristopher C. Jones commits to Georgia football

SystemSystem Posts: 10,995 admin
edited July 2023 in Article commenting
imageBREAKING: All-American LB Kristopher C. Jones commits to Georgia football

Want to attack every day with the latest Georgia football recruiting info? That’s the Intel. This rep has the latest with 4-star LB Kristopher C. Jones. He ranks as the nation’s No. 9 LB and the No. 133 overall prospect for 2024 on the 247Sports Composite ratings. The On3 Industry Ranking has him as the nation’s No. 10 LB and the No. 128 overall recruit.

Read the full story here

Comments

• MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 267 ✭✭✭ Junior

BIG !!!- Welcome to DAWG Nation!!

• BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great pick up! He is ranked way too low imo. This is a top 3 linebacker in this year's class with huge upside. Inside, outside, can play in space. Delivers the wood with attitude! Welcome to LBU!

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Welcome to the DAWG Family Young man, great decision! The LB room at UGA is absolutely stacked with talent. DAWG fans should enjoy several more years of outstanding LB play by these talented young men..GoDAWGS!

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2023

Kirby gets what he "wants", now. He can afford to be selective. 3.5 GPA and, Son of a Minister...fits the culture.

I remember a time when they would've jumped on that former 5-star LB that was just booted from the Clemson Tigers, by Dabo. Instead...he's going to Ole Miss. Hell...Kiffin probably doesn't have any "Rules" for him to break, there. Lol

• LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think this kid could be a leader with his character, and that is a very good thing!

Was hoping we'd get him!

• ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Welcome aboard!

• GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Missed on Riddick, scored on Jones.....not a dimes worth of difference physically but a universe of "star" potential come year two, three and four and it's all about mental maturity.....IMO, Kris will develop into a much higher NFL draft pick than Riddick and at that point those HS Stars will be like flat dry prom corsage. Kris definitely demonstrates DGD potential.....it still scares me that he also runs the ball!!!!! It'd take an elephant gun and brick wall to stop that!

• ProKnoProKno Posts: 29 ✭✭ Sophomore

Welcome aboard Kristopher!

• BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 560 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Jones said. “I feel like I get a little lazy on that but that’s most definitely something I will get better at.”

this quote tells me his character and determination. He can self assess his strengths and weaknesses and will be very coachable. This young man will be a DGD

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Whoo-hoo! THat's what I'm talking about!! This guy will be a 1st round pick one day soon!

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Man this made my morning! Roll the tape!

• BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 644 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Been hoping for a while we would land this one. Great job Coach Schumann! Welcome to DawgNation young man! Go Dawgs!

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Solid addition. High ceiling and, seemingly, priorities straight.

Another preemptive strike? CKS has a pattern of when he releases commitment info. CKS softened the blow of the Riddick flip by announcing the addition of Williams a few days before. So make another commitment announcement a few days before the KJ Bolden announcement?

I beleive that is why Frazier is committing the day after KJ fwiw. Yes, Kirby is very tactical in when guys commit. It's called being a consummate professional.

Whether KJ comes or not we will all be happy in the next 2 weeks I'm sure.

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2023

Tactical is a good word. I was thinking strategic. Consummate professional or keeping fanatics from losing their minds?

UGA has a good shot at Frazier. He would be an excellent addition. I was surprised how fast he was in his highlight reel. Still not sure how UGA can fit much more in this class. Giving up on Nwaneri and probably Bolden. Top players want to be paid up front. Changing recruiting to a pick a few of the best and develop the rest game.

AU is trying to be this years aTm w/how much money they are spending. NIL rules can't come soon enough.

AL/CNS still a little puzzling how they are lagging. AL always closes strong but may take a a different approach with CNS's time running out. May focus more on cherry picking plug and play "stars" out of the TP. Win now mentality. HOWEVER, I believe, the Tuberville NIL/TP "law" calls for immediate transfer eligibility to begin only aster year 3.

I think we get Frazier, Breland, LJ, and Cole. Might pick up Kam later.

Think we miss on KJ and Nwaneri. Auburn stole another good one and Oklahoma has a bunch of Nwaneri's buddies playing for them so that combined with NIL is too much for us to beat.

If we get Breland and LJ we will be more than ok. The KJ thing is tough to swallow but we will need to make it a priority to pick up a big time safety next year or get someone out of the portal.