Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia Tech shares approach to fresh season, potential late trap-game opponent

SystemSystem Posts: 11,124 admin
edited August 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia Tech shares approach to fresh season, potential late trap-game opponent

ATHENS — Georgia football keeps its attention on itself while many others wonder, “How long can Kirby Smart and the Bulldogs keep this up?”

Read the full story here

Comments

• CDDawgsCDDawgs Posts: 65 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hahahahahahahahaha! GT has zero chance against the DAWGs into the forseeable future. Mike, is every game a trap game for UGA? Seriously, you have UT poised (again) as world beaters, you keep posting the same old refrain of excuses from Ohio State (woulda, coulda, shoulda, etc.) without mention of the fact that we were missing many starters, had many out for the last half of the season, and had some playing less than 100% due to injuries and you fail to mention that we shut OSU down when we had to and beat them soundly with our offense in the 3rd and 4th quarters, and most egregious, you fail to mention that their offense blatantly held on almost every play.

• CDDawgsCDDawgs Posts: 65 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'll give Key respect, he got his team straightened out as soon as the clown was let go. Collins was a smoke-show from the start. Will they shook the world this season? Maybe in other games, not against UGA, yet. Key has the right mindset so far to be a big time coach in the ACC. Which also brings me to another point, will he jump ship for a better job(even being an alumni)?

• GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2023

Key is certainly an upgrade and he brings a new attitude....hopefully OC Faulkner can relate to Key that The DAWGS don't walk on the field and "expect" to win but they walk on the field with the attitude that they will work as a TEAM to do what ever it talks to be victorious. It looks to me that The North Ave Trade School is in a hot completion with Boston College for ACC basement space.....so, I expect The Bumble Bees will put up a valiant effort for a quarter but will be overcome by DAWG talent and depth.

Just an idea....why can't we drop Tech and play the best of the ACC....this year either FSU or Clemson???

• BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2023

Playing at Tech now is like another home game plus we can take in World Of Coke or the Aquarium. Good excuse to take the wifey to a fancy hotel and a nice restaurant before the annual beat down of the swarm of gnats. Please keep them on the schedule forever.

• MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,692 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CDDawgs I don't have anyone poised as world beaters, CFB looks very open this year.

I'm on record saying I think Tennessee will drop off, though the East doesn't look real challenging in general AT THIS TIME.

But Tennessee does look like the most challenging road game of the season for Georgia -- at this point -- and there will likely be a lot of hype around it, nationally television audience, etc.

Assuming Georgia wins and claims the East, which I think it will, many will start pointing to the SEC title game.

My point is the Georgia Tech game lies between those two games, hence the "trap" label.

I don't think every game is a trap game, no.

• BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Interesting take. I have the DAWGS as the world beaters this year with no one else on the same tier. Michigan, Alabama, Ohio State and LSU are probably the most complete teams outside of ours. Maybe USC but I have to see their defense first. Maybe Texas. That being said, none of those teams are close to as complete. I'm not sure qb is really that important this year. What I mean by that is the defense is going to be so good, the OL is going to be so good, we have wrs 2-3 deep and with our tight ends I'm not sure anyone really has a chance. Michigan does look like a complete team but their offensive identity is not going to beat us.

So, it is nice to pontificate about Tennessee and their qb with the great arm. The reality is they lose 2 great wrs and a pretty polished qb. Their qb is full of potential. He looks just like the qb at Florida who got smoked last 2 years.

We will be better than UTk and they will get worse.

As far as GT...please stop. This is going to be an epic beatdown. The players remember last years first half.