Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

BREAKING: 5-star safety KJ Bolden makes his college decision

SystemSystem Posts: 10,461 admin
edited August 2023 in Article commenting
imageBREAKING: 5-star safety KJ Bolden makes his college decision

Want to attack every day with the latest Georgia football recruiting info? That’s the Intel. This rep has the latest with 5-star KJ Bolden. He ranks as the nation’s No. 1 S and the No. 7 overall prospect for 2024 on the 247Sports Composite ratings. The On3 Industry Ranking has him as the nation’s No. 1 S and the No. 8 overall recruit.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 411 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Door number 1 was Auburn, not FSU.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Most overhyped nothing burger ever!

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I know right? It's like he didn't read his own article and posted this without checking...

• Options
    jaxDawg2jaxDawg2 Posts: 8 ✭ Freshman

Gawd the writing on this site is ridiculous. You bury the lead behind about a dozen paragraphs, and then screw up your own ranking. Wish you guys would just lead with the facts and then go from there.

Anyway, sorry to lose KJ but I never liked the self-promotion vibe I got during his recruitment. Life goes on.

• Options
    bogarttadbogarttad Posts: 277 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

NOT even close to your standard, Jeff. I am disappointed too, but get it right!

• Options
    10DAWG10DAWG Posts: 254 ✭✭✭ Junior

Would of been nice if he wanted to stay home and win a championship for his home state, but I would much rather have a player that wants to be a part of the program. Good luck and Go Dawgs !!!

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 446 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I guess I’m an idiot because I read this article and I still have no idea which team he chose!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

While I wish the young man the very best ( Except when playing against our Dawgs), I think he just made a Huge mistake.

Setting aside my Dawgs homerism as best I can, there are Extremely few, Very rare Coaches that teach Defense better than Kirby Smart. In Particular players in the secondary.

I can’t image what’s so appealing about Auburn ?? Their not necessarily “up and coming”, they just have a fairly new HC in their most recent musical chairs of HCs.

I don’t get this at all. Must be a Very Nice NIL package, Or he bought into some Very poor advice from someone he believes knows what their talking about. Anyway there’s always the transfer portal to UGA, but in his case in the Post COVID rules he’d have to sit out a year to go to another SEC school as the COVID grace period has expired ??

Would have been nice to have him as a Dawg. And again wish him well except vs. our Dawgs. But he blew it in my humble opinion. Dawgs will do fine without him.

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@navydawg he chose FSU not the Barn.

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 382 ✭✭✭ Junior

You win some you lose some, no excuses, good luck to the kid.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 933 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2023

Note to The Georgia coaching staff....when a recruit comes with this much BS hype, withdraw the offer. While watching the soundless pod cast, I truly wanted to see Kirby run up to the table and grab our hat. This guy is noting but a showboat, not a TEAM player. He and his dad will fit right in with the "Criminoles"

P/S as far as Fla St coming to the SEC....screw you, you had your chance and you turned us down so die with the ACC.

• Options
    JudgeDog31JudgeDog31 Posts: 26 ✭✭ Sophomore

Come on guys. Give Jeff a break. He was rushing to get it out. Perhaps he made a mistake. No one is perfect. Not even readers.

• Options

Kirby is a good guy and will be on him until signing day. It is really unfortunate because everything is set up here for him to showcase his talents under the biggest audience on the biggest stage. More publicity making plays in front of huge national tv audiences is what helps your draft pick status.

Everything was setup for this kid. I just don't get it. 16 visits to Georgia is crazy. 16 times (at least) that Kirby spent time with him instead of other recruits - crazy. That's some top level disrespect in my opinion.

If I am Kirby I would probably not recruit him anymore but knowing Kirby he will try anyways. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. Let the kid go to FSU and don't pursue him. We can move one of our stud corners to safety and be fine or get a proven guy in the portal. Sucks, but better to find out now then to have another Bear on our team.

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 382 ✭✭✭ Junior

Someone’s a hater, you want a shoulder to cry on? You’d be the first person on here saying how great he is if he committed to UGA. Stop being so sensitive

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oh !! Thx much !! Thx for clearing that up !! I thought he chose the Tigger/Warped Eagles 😂 Still a Big Mistake for a player in the Secondary Unit with premium NFL ambitions.

I don’t have anything against the young man. I don’t really know what kind of NIL $$$ but I’m sure it would be very tempting. But if he wanted to hone his craft under the best in college football, he made a Huge miss not coming to UGA. Oh well the recruiting will continue with other guys. Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    dazzledawgdazzledawg Posts: 185 ✭✭✭ Junior

These guys do love the attention.

• Options
    Billy2131Billy2131 Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

Good luck at FSWho...Kirby better Smart up on the NIL money ...he's losing on that play book

• Options

I actually agree with @GtheGreek because I pointed out the same a few days ago and was mocked for 'being a chicken little' when all the 'experts' had crystal balls to Georgia.

I have been following the program for a long time and this started to stink like Haselwood. The self promotion types of players (there have been quite a few over the years) rarely come to Georgia. Gwinnett players rarely come to Georgia (I think we have 2 in this class but that is not a lot).

I think pointing out a guy is acting like a prima donna when Kirby's first rule is "No one person is more important than the Team"

This guy was coming across as more important the team. We don't need that at Georgia. We just got rid of a guy, actually more than 1, thankfully who was like that. Cox was another one of those and I remember how awesome he was in the HS All American Game - had 5 sacks. Anyways, he went to Florida and then got kicked off that team! These self promoters don't do well here. Let the kid go...

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2023

I think he said at one point the most important thing for him was getting developed and prepped for the league. If he was at all sincere about that, then turning down Georgia makes no sense. Oh well, he's got four and a half months to correct course. If he truly doesn't want to play for a program that will give him the best opportunity to maximize his potential, he never would've been a good fit anyway.

As for the comment below about Smart needing to do this or that with NIL, I think we'd all be wise to wait for him to at least stop signing elite classes, winning titles and sending players to the league in record numbers before questioning his methods.

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just remember, it’s not over until he signs on the dotted line.