Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

KJ Bolden breaks down his commitment to Florida State

SystemSystem Posts: 10,502 admin
edited August 2023 in Article commenting
imageKJ Bolden breaks down his commitment to Florida State

KJ Bolden became a public Florida State commit on Saturday night.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2023

Give the overall package of what he can bring to UGA... on the field, in the locker room, in the classroom... I like Nate Frazier. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    DAWGHOUNDDAWGHOUND Posts: 23 ✭✭ Sophomore

Well I guess Bolden doesn't want to come up and play in the Big Boys conference (SEC) It is his choice his life and his decision would have loved to see him as a Dawg but Oh Well.

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 398 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Dodged a Bullet folks.

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 382 ✭✭✭ Junior

It’s funny how people in here are so butt hurt about him going to FSU…the same people who wanted him the most…y’all stop acting like Bama fans and be better!

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2023

UGA still has commitments from the #1 QB,CB and LB. DAWGS will be just fine at the Safety position without Bolden. Names like Starks, and Bullard come to mind. 2 Safeties who can play as well as Bolden. Bullard, and Starks, have already proven that, Bolden has yet to prove anything on the college level. Best of luck in Tallahassee young man..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You seem a bit tone-deaf. It is not who he committed to it is how he represented himself along the way.

At Georgia no one person is more important than the Team. Team first players who "eat off the floor"

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 398 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

You can always go pull for Florida-You don't seem like much of a Dawg to me Dylan.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Here’s what I believe to be the bottom of All bottom lines. When these star HS players visit the different schools that are pursuing them they are treated like movie stars or high up foreign dignitaries. UGA does it to, and that’s a No Issue as long as they follow NCAA and SEC rules.

I believe the reason that Allot of Dawgs fans ( including me) are irritated with this young man is he AND his family took advantage of Kirby and UGA’s hospitality when He Knew he planned to be a Nole all along. This wasn’t some last minute decision. I mean HE SAYS SO in Many of his own comments !!

He wasn’t having a gut wrenching decision, in his heart he was All Nole. So like All of us he made his decision and He will have to live with it. But I think the irritation with him is the Sixteen Visits !! So he had I think even Kirby believing he would ultimately be a Dawg.

But Kirby and our Dawgs don’t want or need a guy that’s looking back. That is in his heart wishing he was a Nole. Your not gonna get Complete and Total dedication from a guy like that.

But like I posted on the other thread about his announcement. Take Ladd McConkey and His family. Most of them were staunch Vols fans. But when Kirby offered Ladd and he accepted, he discarded all the Vols stuff and Poured himself Fully into being the best Dawg he can possibly be !! And look at the result !!

But if Ladd was constantly looking back and wishing he was a Vol, I extremely doubt he’d become the Ladd McConkey we know and love !! He’s just one of many Great Dawgs now and in the past that grew up with allot of love for another team. I bet Many in Ladd’s family are now Dawgs fans !! So in conclusion Bolden made his decision, he had Sixteen visits where he was catered to to choose differently ( A Much Better Choice ). But he went for the NIL and those Noles colors. So when he see’s 4 star and even 3 star players draft Higher than him that went to UGA, no need for tears, he’ll have his Noles jersey. Go Dawgs !!

• Options

Exactly. He is now the hunted except we will never play him because he is going to play for a team that was relevant 25 years ago.

Three Peat ...Let's Go!

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited August 2023

So when you are pretty sure you want an F150, then it's illegal to test drive a ram, to make sure you aren't passing up something better? Nothing wrong with checking out other teams, even if you are committed, in your mind. Remember, it's not official, until he signs. Riola has All season to work on him.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 944 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

khummel, well stated.....The exact reason I was happy to see Bear move to the Bear state! It also provided an opportunity and real time motivation to a young man, Jordan Big Baby Hall, who I believe will bring back many memories of Bill Stanfill, Richard Seymour, in my time and Jordan Davis of late. Culture supported by many leaders constitutes a TEAM.....TEAM success is the best stage for individual spotlights.

• Options

Which is exactly what I said, if he committed to Georgia, awesome we got a great player and happy to be a dawg! But he commits somewhere else it’s he is is no good or he handled himself the wrong way. Just get the sand out your **** and man up with no excuses

• Options

More dawg than you, I just know reality vs fantasy than you. Like I said, stop being childish like Bama fans and be better than that, you make us look bad

• Options

No one said he is no good. He is extremely talented. The mental game is very important as well. He is obviosuly smart enough to play 3 different coaches off of each other to get the best deal so I guess there is that.

I am sure he will be fine wherever he lands but how he handled the process so far leaves a lot to be desired imo.