Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

What social media is saying about Georgia recruiting following Nate Frazier, KJ Bolden commitments

SystemSystem Posts: 10,486 admin
edited August 2023 in Article commenting
imageWhat social media is saying about Georgia recruiting following Nate Frazier, KJ Bolden commitments

Even with Georgia in the midst of fall camp and readying for the 2023 football season, the Bulldogs were still busy on the recruiting trail.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    78Dawg78Dawg Posts: 167 ✭✭✭ Junior

I for one don't care to read anything on this site about a kid that committed to another school. He made his decision now let's move on from him.

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The fretting over Bolden last weekend was way overwrought. Even then, we still had the No. 1 class in the country -- and that was before Frazier committed.

Plus, it's not like we don't have plenty of talent at DB, including at safety. Malaki must stay through '24, and if Bullard leaves, we'll still have Aguero -- who looks to be really special. Plus, per On3, we have a commitment from 2024's No. 4 S (Woodyard) and will likely to get one from the No. 5 S (Heyward) .

At almost all positions -- even at WR -- we're set for a quality roster deep into the depth chart. It would be truly grand to pick up Nwaneri/Houston/Breland at DL, Jordan Ross/KingJoseph Edwards at Edge, Chris Cole at LB, or Kam Mikell at CB. That could give this class records for top 100, top 200 or top 300 recruits ... or even all of those!

The position group that raises concerns for me is the OL. We've got three four-stars tackles coming in and one four-star center/guard. But for the last three years, we haven't been reeling on the big OL 5 stars (with the exception of Freeling who really shot up the charts late in the cycle).

I have the impression the Searles isn't quite as gifted a recruiter as Luke and Pittman were. He seems to be more than making up for that with talent evaluation and development, and this year's line may turn out to be our best yet. But I'd feel a bit more secure about the line for the next few years if Searles could anchor our next class with a couple of gigantic, can't-miss prospects.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2023

Time to Move On from KJ! C 'Ya!

We got the best RBs in the Nation coming!

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    Sportsbuff13Sportsbuff13 Posts: 6 ✭ Freshman

How much room is left in the class?

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Glad to see another top RB commit...we needed that.

• Options
    WildmanSlayerWildmanSlayer Posts: 90 ✭✭✭ Junior

CandlerPark, According to 247Sports there's only one Five Star OT in the 2024 class, #1 Brandon Baker at 6-5 / 285 from Mater Dei High School in Santa Ana, California, he hasn't committed yet, but he has Georgia as one of his final picks, so we do have a chance with him, but we do have the #4 at 6-6.5 / 365, #10 at 6-8 / 360, #14 at 6-7 / 335, #17 at 6-5.5 / 335, and #30 at 6-7.5 / 336 OTs in the 2024 Class, and Monroe Freeling was ranked #6 and a 4 star, and we also signed Bo Hughley who was Ranked #10 in the 2023 Class and a 4 star, this is Stacy Searels 3rd year at Georgia, and he's done a great job recruiting this year, so I'm not sure why the concerned with our O-Line, they were the best O-Line in College football the last two years, even though they didn't get the Joe Moore Award.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 939 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2023

Dell McGee's tweet sez it all.....when The Dawgs are looking for a running back it's size, speed, CHARACTER, power. When dealing with high school skill position"stars", maturity which is a keystone of character and is an absolute necessity! Very few HS stars possess the maturity required to handle becoming a DAWG. To their credit, Kirby and Company do a great job of extinguishing the glitz and glitter of being a part of a championship program and truthfully express the reality to every recruit what will be required......"eat off the floor" and as someone already said, "it ain't for everybody"! The DAWGS absolutely should always recruit Georgia HS talent! Schools in Gwinnett County/Atlanta area are fortunate to have a large populations to "weed through" to draw from. On the HS level, its easy to find enough skill talent to rule 7-A, but very few of these young men (applies to all male HS grads) are mature enough to make personal decisions based on long range goals as opposed to rewards now and are willing to surrender self for the greater good of a TEAM. If your players don't have CHARACTER, your team will not have a winning CULTURE.

P/S.....If the recruit is consumed with social media, best to move on.

• Options
    BeachwagonBeachwagon Posts: 146 ✭✭✭ Junior

Statistically, it is highly improbably that zero 5-star HS players out of Gwinnett desert their state's flagship university and double national championship football team. Either one or more opinion leaders in the county or else an institution is causing this. So who (or what) is it? I bet the UGA coaches know but will not divulge The Problem...

It is a real shame for all involved.

• Options
    edited August 2023

You are so right 78Dawg...some on here want to keep talking about him. I think moving on is best for all parties involved.

We should be celebrating getting the next stud RB instead DAWGNATION continues to pump out articles about a kid not even committed here. DAWGNATION you can do better supporting your home team!

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 382 ✭✭✭ Junior

It’s looking like Nwaneri is going to Mizzou as of todays predictions and Houston to OSU and Breland to LSU, so I’m not counting on them being in this class.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That's exactly what it is...Gwinnett needs to replace some football coaches. That's who usually has the biggest impact. If he's an FSU Alum (whatever) then there's your connection. There used to be a direct line from Valdosta and Wayne Co. High School used to UGA. And, Benedictine to Ga Tech. That's what we need to do in Gwinnett.

I just wonder if Saban's ready to throw in the towel, yet? Yeah...he just signed the #1 Class last year...but...he got most of "Kirby's Rejects". Lol...I think he's just gilding the Lilly for the next coach.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lol...Smh...Drink keeps gettin' players, but, can't do anything with em. Guess he wasn't listening when Kirby explained the process. It's 50% players...25% Facitities...and 25% "Coaching".

• Options

I think we get Breland but that's just a hunch. Maybe it was the Go Dawgs tweet Breland put out on X yesterday and the fact he was in the room with his teammate Nate Frazier. Just a hunch...he's gonna be a DAWG!