Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Todd Hartley ‘very pleased’ with Oscar Delp’s improvements: ‘He knows there’s a void’

SystemSystem Posts: 11,029 admin
edited August 2023 in Article commenting
imageTodd Hartley ‘very pleased’ with Oscar Delp’s improvements: ‘He knows there’s a void’

ATHENS — Georgia is counting on Oscar Delp this season. You don’t need to hear Kirby Smart motivating the sophomore tight end at practice to know that.

Read the full story here

Comments

• BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is great news. We really need him in the running game and for some surprise pass catches when other teams are expecting the ball to go to Bowers in 12 man.

He looks great. Sinclair has really done a great job body shaping this kid. Take note recruits that you come to Georgia you are getting the best all around in everything and Sinclair and our S&C and nutition are the best. We do it better than anyone else right now!

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Delp will be a player as early as this season.

Like OL, TE usually (sans BB's) is a supporting position that helps the run game and moves the chains with safe passes. "We talk about feeding the fire and being truly selfless, putting the team first in all that we do.” This is not only a TE mindset but a UGA mindset. I have to remind myself of this criteria whenever the top rated HS players in GA go elsewhere.

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep. Putting the TEAM first in all that we do. That is the UGA brand, and That’s the kind of players we want to see become Dawgs. If their wise they Will come to UGA to prepare for the NFL. I don’t know of Any school currently in college football that does things better. Go Dawgs !!

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What Kirby has created in Athens has never been accomplished in college football history. The story line about Kirby emulating what Saban has at Bama is in the rearview mirror. Saban is now looking to Athens for answers to how to make Bama better.

Saban’s staff are always looking for the next opportunity to jump ship. Kirby’s staff love working for Kirby and Kirby rewards their loyalty by being loyal to them. Saban only wishes he could have the stability of Kirby’s staff.

This story is about the TE group and the commitment of Delp to maximize his potential. It is no different from any other story about any other player or position group in camp. It has been Kirby’s blueprint since day one of stepping foot on campus as HC. “Get better everyday!” From the head coach to the lowest of the support staff, “Get better everyday!” Sounds simple, but only Kirby has been able to create the culture to actually bring it to fruition!

After Kirby’s first natty and a historical NFL draft from that team, the expectation was the Dawgs coming back to the pack. Didn’t happen! The best got better everyday with different players getting their chance to show how they got better everyday from the previous year. Now, it’s the ‘23 team’s turn! Oscar is just one example from this team of what he has done to get better everyday and there are 84 more stories that could be told!

Let the wannabes cry about spilled milk and coulda, shoulda, woulda! Under Kirby it’s about what is and “what is” is about getting better everyday! Go DAWGS!

Great stuff there !!! Your comments got me all fired up !!! As long as Kirby is HC our beloved Dawgs will either win Championships outright or be on the very cusp pretty much Every year !!!

Some folks would probably tell me not to count my chickens before their hatched. But I see a 3 peat as Very doable, AND actually a 4peat to !!!

Regardless of what happens this year or next we can Be Assured our Dawgs Will be right there in the mix knocking on the door of yet another Championship Title.

UGA is now an Elite program no doubts about that !! Go Dawgs !! GATA !!!!

Y’all Please forgive the Off Topic but just as our beloved Dawgs are preparing for the season, I’m preparing as a fan.

I have this what Was an **** old stone on the border of my yard. All red clay stained, but much to big & heavy for me to move. SO I decided to give it a change !! Just to give an idea about the size, the decal is a 7” power G !! Love to see your Dawgs related stuff to !! Go Dawgs !! 3peat !! 3peat !! 3peat !!

Tried to rotate the pic but can’t get it to do that. But Yall get the idea !!

• brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 353 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I’ve always said that Scott Sinclair is one of THE unsung heroes of Coach Smart’s staff. Best S+C in the nation.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

THere is no replacing the Unicorn. Delp will do as well as anyone else trying to feel those shoes. Too much of a burden to carry that weight around. No pun inended. JUst let Oscar be Oscar!

• CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 786 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

None of the TEs match Washiington's frame, or even FitsPatrick's. If anyone comes close, though, it's Spurlin.

Good to see that he's worked so hard on strength training and bulking up.

If he can retain his route-running, pass-catching athleticism and at the same time play that "sixth man on the OL" role, the 12-man lineup could be popup this year as a dangerous tool in Bobo's box

• GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is the PRIME reason you "build relationships" with mom's.....the recruit is thinking about every "glitzy" notion under the sun other than health, conditioning and strength....I would think that mom's make this a #1....In this some what slow prelude to the new season, what better expose than to highlight Scott Sinclair and the S&C program at Georgia!

• BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Someone said Oscar looked like he was up to 250lbs which would be significant. I think Luckie is pretty big as well. He sure looks big. I think we will be fine. Big O used to maul guys. We don't need to maul them we just need to block them so I think we will still see a lot of 12 man. South Caroline will tell the tale.