Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Thursday should provide some answers about what Georgia’s offense will look like with Mike Bobo

SystemSystem Posts: 10,538 admin
edited August 2023 in Article commenting
imageThursday should provide some answers about what Georgia’s offense will look like with Mike Bobo

ATHENS — Every time Kirby Smart or an assistant coach or a Georgia player has been asked about the 2023 Georgia offense, the answer has largely been the same.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 753 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Regurgitate SOS day after day.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So, per this article, the success of the offense, or lack thereof, "doesn't fall on his shoulders?" I beg to differ, who takes the responsibility then? WHo gets the big raise if it suceeeds and who gets fired if it doesn't? Just asking. It won't be all the assistants getting the hundreds of thousand of dollar raises and it certainly won't be Kirby leaving if the offense is a bust. No, I don't forsee that happening. THe talent is there, so, it's going to be a huge success unless Bobo just blows.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It is definitely all on Bobo. Bobo calls the plays and chooses the qb. So how could it not be on him?

If we don't get in the playoff Bobo needs to go back to being an analyst. That's the bottom line. We have a championship caliber offensive line, 3 very capable and talented qbs, and the best wr set plus the best tes we have ever had. If we don't score 42+ a game I will be disappointed.

It is clearly on Bobo to perform and to perform in clutch situations. If he cannot do that then we need to find another OC.

• Options

“If we don’t make playoffs BoBo needs to go back to analyst”. …. Common man! Say Uga wins out and then we loose to West champ in SECCG and committee doesn’t select us for playoffs… you saying now in preseason that it’s BOBO fault and he must be replaced?? Nah.

• Options
    edited August 2023

So you are saying we only lose 1 close game in the SECCG and the committee doesn't pick us as the #4 seed? I supposse it is possible but highly improbable.

So like if we lose on 2 last second plays then yes we will get left out like Bama did. 1, doubtful, especially since people want to see us defend our crown. There will be no TCUs in the mix this year since we destroyed the arguement for letting them in last year.

So in effect I am saying yes Bobo has too much talent on this team to not win every game. Could we lose 1, sure but it had better be close. If that happens obviously we make the playoff.

Add: This is the most stacked roster since Nebraska in the 90s. No excuse not to EXPECT to win it all. Losing 2 games or 1 by more than a touchdown is totally unacceptable this year. Yes, Bobo needs to perform or he should be demoted.

• Options

Expectations just to high sometime. It takes a bit of luck and sometimes that luck goes bad. I just want to see us in the hunt every year and then additional NC's will come. Not ready to start firing coaches if we don't make playoffs. Course 2024, IN THE HUNT takes on a new meaning with 12.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2023

I agree. This season is not all on Bobo. There are a lot of variables. I remember, not that long ago , when UGA was predicted/EXPECTED to lose a game it shouldn't every season. UGA is a young team on D, new unknown QB, depleted by injury RB room, unknown inevitable injuries.

Still only a 4 team playoff. UGA could lose 1 game (TN) and be left out. PAC12, ACC and BIG10 produce undefeated teams and they probably all go w/the SEC champion to the playoff.

Tunnel vision fans either don't know or deny that there are other very good teams out there. The TP has provided a quick influx of talent to many already good teams. There are probably 5 or 6 teams in the country that can play UGA to a 1 score game.

• Options

Liking someone as a coach and saying they deserve to coach the best wr te unit we've probably ever had. Ever.

2 different things. After the last 2 stints Bobo has a lot to prove. Going back to what he did under CMR is not really indicative of where the game is now.

This defense and frankly the offensive players deserve an OC is top 5 in the country. If Bobo is that, great. However, if he turns out to be just a top 20 guy then we need to move on. We got championships to win and sticking with a guy who has yet to prove he can win the big one on the big stage just is not going to cut it anymore.

Rooting for Bobo but not under any illusions that there is no reason not to win and win big this year.

• Options

It's Bobo or Bust! I'm predicting 44 point average per game (competition looks light right now).

Here are some achievable numbers for the 12 game regular season we should hit

Top 2 qbs passing - 4500 yards (yes I know this would be a record but we have the people to do it)

6 sacks - OL, 38 tds, 6 picks (once again between the top 2 qbs)

Receiving - BB - 1150 yards

Ladd - 900 yards

Lovett - 900 yards

Everyone else (the delta 4500-2950)

So these stats are only 4 12 games and I understand they look high because they are. We have never had a better combined wide receiver and tight end group then this year. It's the best all time for Georgia so it would make sense to predict new records. I have the distribution going more to the top targets instead of spread out as we had before. Also, no Darnell and no KMac so those catches and yards would go to others.

We hit these and Carson or Griff may be invited to New York.

• Options

WHether we have a good offense as in scoring 40+points a game on average will by-in-large be due to Bobo's concepts and play calling. THat's what he's hired to do, Just like Monken. We have the talent to do so. Whether we win or lose will be another story. Bobo can't control the defense , turnovers, injuries yada,yada... no one expects him to. But the success or lack therof in scoring will fall on his shoulders. We win as a team and we lose as a team, but barring injuries to major players and if we have a good defense(we will) then having a high output offense is what Bobo was hired to so. He was supposedly a GREAT hire! Not Ok or pretty good but GREAT. ALL I read was forget about SC and Auburn(he didn't have the horses) and Colorado, just remember 2012 or whenever it was at UGA.

If we have a really good D and the injury bug doesn't bite too hard, then a step backward offensively, isn't going to fly. I'm talking from averaging 41 points back to 35,36 points or below will simply be a failure. No two ways about it. I'm not saying that's what's going to happen. I don't believe it will. But I am willing to say that if that WERE to happen, then that falls on Bobo.

Fair to middling isn't an option.

• Options

I couldn't agree more and think Bobo will get it done. I think we attempted 31 field goals last year. So upping our ppg with the personnel we have should not be unreasonable at all, especially if the defense is on par or better than last year. I think the defense will be better so should not be an issue (barring injuries).

• Options

So a fair to middling offense is an option, at least according to one voter! You cant make this stuff up.

• Options

I guess people didn't like me saying it was on Bobo to get us to the promised land (the playoff).

Not sure what you pay a guy 1 MILLION DOLLARS to do other than perform.

I would like to hear what the expectation is of the 5 downvotes on that post and what Bobo needs to do in your estimation.