Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

BREAKING: Major Georgia 5-star DL target Williams Nwaneri stays home with commitment to Missouri

SystemSystem Posts: 10,479 admin
edited August 2023 in Article commenting
imageBREAKING: Major Georgia 5-star DL target Williams Nwaneri stays home with commitment to Missouri

Want to attack every day with the latest Georgia football recruiting info? That’s the Intel. This rep has the latest with 5-star DL Williams Nwaneri. He ranks as the nation’s No. No. 1 DL and the No. 3 overall prospect for 2024 on the 247Sports Composite ratings. The On3 Industry Ranking has him as the nation’s No. 1 DL and the No. 1 overall recruit.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

Bought and paid for by the Missouri state legislature.

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 398 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

NIL is killing NCAA Football and Nwaneri will get paid and when Missouri is ****- He will transfer.

• Options
    87Dawg_1187Dawg_11 Posts: 77 ✭✭✭ Junior

NIL is out of control! I am okay with the student/athletes getting paid, but with each state having its own rules/laws, there's no way for the NCAA or anyone else to keep up with this. It doesn't make sense to have a high school player eligible for payments when he can't sign a letter of intent for another three months. This will go wrong for everybody involved, and I am not just talking about this young man; I mean the whole NIL structure or non-structure.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 937 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well Mr Nwaneri, I'm thinking that in December when signing time comes, Mizzo will have won 3 games, maybe 4 if they can beat Vandy. Dink will get his walking papers and The DAWGS will be preparing for the play offs. By then, we will have found Defensive linemen that more than meet the requirement to become DGD's and Williams can commiserate with Tiger Bro Luther on woulda, shoulda, coulda....Good Luck Williams.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Should UGA start upping the NIL bucks? Just sayin'. Do these very young kids know this will not ensure an NFL bid? Pay them now or not at all later. Unless they ball out at Mizzou, it is pretty much over. This NIL craze is nuts.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This was the worst kept secret in the last 2 months. The real heartache is the OU fans who really needed this guy. He will be a pain in our azz but we will gameplan around him.

Anyways, I know there is one happy Mama in Mizzou tonight! New kitchen and living room gonna be coming next week.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 937 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I feel your frustration UGA66, without doubt NIL needs regulation to make a level playing field for everyone....I'd love to see no NIL money until the competition of your freshman year rule.....However, as thing are, I'm seeing things a bit differnetly. If a recruit is easily swayed by the promise of NIL money, he ain't DAWG material...IMHO. Swayed by NIL bucks, he's playing for himself, money for mamma, tats, cars, bling whatever.....for **** sure not for his TEAM mates, Coaches, The University.

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 382 ✭✭✭ Junior

Alright, now time to focus on 2025 class!

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2023

So what happens when a recruit takes the payout throughout his senior year, then decides to sign somewhere else? Is he on the hook for paying it all back? Or is that just a risk Missouri is desperate enough to take?

• Options
    edubbedubb Posts: 54 ✭✭✭ Junior

Nil at work. Georgia legislation to allow recruits should be do the same.

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'll second that question. I imagine that the NIL sponsors will want to structure the deal to ensure that he stays at Mizzou (biggest payout once the season begins? clawback clause? But clawing the money back would be a mess (not to mention a PR nightmare).

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The carrot for many is not the program or the chance to play for the glory, it's just the money. A different carrot and a huge carrot for so many. I'm not dissing the kid, when you grow up hearing "it's all about the Benjamins" and you have a chance to get some. What do you do?