Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

College GameDay just gave Georgia football plenty of motivation with its SEC championship picks

SystemSystem Posts: 10,511 admin
edited August 2023 in Article commenting
imageCollege GameDay just gave Georgia football plenty of motivation with its SEC championship picks

ATHENS — So much for not being able to use doubt as fuel for this year’s Georgia football team.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 484 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It’s the apology to Saban tour for what DP said live after the Natty.

ALL teams have to play 12 games. Let’s at least show some respect to the dawgs until November.

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Alabama with more gaps to fill over a more sound and less coaching familiarity, yep, will beat a better prepared UGA team. Just waiting to see the world come crashing down when they're upset by Texas, at home. Alabama has not played a solid game in some time and they want everyone to get on the back of a running qb who can't pass.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's a long season. Let's see what happens in the next couple of weeks.

LSU>FSU - Prediction is this might be the only game FSU loses until the playoff.

Texas>Bama - calling for the upset here. This will get the train rolling and setup LSU to also win at Bama. Bama may also lose to Texas A&M.

Bama will lose 1-3 regular season games and the SECCG. Until then we need to TCB.

• Options
    Ugagolf80Ugagolf80 Posts: 73 ✭✭✭ Junior

Bama couldn't beat UGA with a Heisman QB and barely beat most of the teams on their schedule last year. I might be wrong, but there's NO WAY they will have better QB play this year. Their WR room was weak last year as well. They want clicks and headlines. I'm sure Coach Smart LOVES this. The media has NEVER had respect for the Dawgs, even after the last 2 National Championship years. I don't want ANYONE to pick us, so we can rub their noses in it AGAIN this year.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m actually glad they picked Bama because I’m tired of all the “rat poison”. Didn’t UGA eliminate Michigan and Ohio State over the past 2 seasons? I’m sure there is no bitterness or bias with those guys. The only prediction not tainted is Pat McAfee’s, but he’s a former punter and “fake” pro wrestler which makes me wonder why he’s there and not David Pollock. Go Dawgs and all that matters is where you stand at the end of the season…..not the beginning.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"Desmond Howard, Pat McAfee and Kirk Herbstreit all picked Alabama to win this year’s SEC."____Conner R.

Who are they? Seriously...I tried. I watched about 30 minutes and they just didn't click. Herbstreit looked confused and at a loss for words, at times. McAfee was just annoying and the least relevant of the bunch. And Howard is the same Homer he's always been. It was like watching an old Marx Brothers routine with Groucho, Harpo and Chico.. I guess we know who held that unit together...now, Pollack's gone. And it shows. I won't be watching again, unless they're in Athens.

They told everybody to pick that way...for THIS very reason. To get people talking. Thinking they would get Dawg Fans in a twist and create "buzz". Maybe it worked....hell, we're all wasting ink and thought on it. And, those picks, deserve neither. They mailed those picks in. Same as last year and the year before that. They need to change the "Record" or turn it over to SIDE A. I did...and I won't go back to SIDE B.

"Defensive coordinator Glenn Schumann returns for Georgia."___Conner R

Did UGA fire Muschamp and not tell anybody. Lol...what do you mean, the Dawgs have DC Glenn Schumann returning. Where did Muschamp go? You know...the other DC of a Co-Coordinator System on the Defensive side. Just sayin...it's too early in the year to be this sloppy.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You know...that's probably why they fired him. They wanted all of em to pick Bama, for some reason...and, David's integrity wouldn't allow it...especially after what he said to Saban on the Show, last year. So...they replaced him with goofus.

ESPN is no different than any other Corporate Media Outlet. Brainwashers and manipulators designed to generate sales and donations. For Big Pharma, Green Energy, "Social Justice Money Maker" causes...everything, except what matters to athletes and fans. Like, Biological Men, participating in "Women's Sports"...they won't touch it with a ten foot pole. What courage. Eff em.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

September 9 will tell the tale....it will be confirmed that McAfee, Herbstreit are living in Bama LaLa Land and poor ole Desmond has the football acumen of an Ann Arbor Pee Wee League Cheer Leader.....The Longhorn will surf the Tide and hang way more than 10 on the drowning pachyderm. Big Blue will be beat down by the Buck Nuts as this is the only requirement for CRYIN Day to keep his employment. I'm thinkin that Harbaugh is once again "lookin" and despite the lack luster coaching of James Franklin, the nitting fe-lions will shatter Big Blues allusions of grandeur. I'll be really sad as I was looking forward for the Dawgs administering another nationally televised beat down on the Big Blue Muskrats. Oh well, I have faith That our DGD Pollack will rise to over take ESPN's clown college.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    KBPKBP Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'd choose a Natty over a conference championship every time.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thank goodness, only a few more days, and hot air blowing season is over for these "experts"..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

When our beloved Dawgs play their games on ESPN and it’s affiliate SEC channel, I’ll watch because I have to to enjoy the game. But as far as their so called “expert” analysis and commentary they can shove it. My German Shepherd Dawg would give far better than them, especially for one of his treats !! And more over he’d at least keep my attention !! The field of play is where it will be put up or shut up !!Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I won’t watch gameday now without Pollack there to keep the sanity. I hope their ratings plummet without him. Mcafee is a joke. Desmond can’t hardly speak well and Kirk hasn’t gotten over being beaten by a Goff coached Georgia team.

One person said he would only watch gameday if they come to Athens. I doubt they’ll set foot in Athens this year. Maybe the ole miss game.

Go Dawgs!!

• Options
    wpony714wpony714 Posts: 411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

After his interview with the Eagles, Schuman's title changed to DC...no "co".

Muschamp is still "co" but Schuman is effectively the DC now.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It’s really early yet but Caleb Williams and USC not looking so hot against San Jose St. They sacked Williams pretty hard a short while ago. People like Quirky Herbie and Doofus Dez are the ones that pick USC to be #6. Firing David Pollack was a HUGE mistake by. ESPN. I’ve even seen quite a few rival SEC fans that liked David. Being totally honest I’d never even heard of McAfee until he came on GameDay. I thought he was a virus protection company. 😂

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Man I love that FIRE! I think what is bothering Kirk, McDipshit, and Dez is they can't believe it is Georgia. They just can't believe Georgia is this great and they have to continue to talk about them. Straight up northern bias. Alabama gets a pass from New Yorkers and the whole country because they are considered the Gold Standard of College Football. Notice Reece doesn't care that much but just laughs and when Kirk asks who he picked he said Georgia and Kirk said yah like he knew that was coming. Reece is tapped in and knows. He is an Alabama Grad and picked Georgia so what does that tell you?

They just can't stand it. It is bothering them to no end. They are looking for anyone, anyone who can stop this Georgia Train. They know Alabama is their best bet. They are hoping that the qb thing pans out for Bama and that those 9 5stars who are now sophomores show up big this year.

What they don't realize is we will be better this year on offense and our defense is going to be ridiculous. This is going to be fun to watch this year. It is going to be like watching a slow motion train wreck as Kirk and Dez have to admit that the teams they have picked to knock us off have too many flaws. Then when we win it again it is going to be PURE GOLD. All I know is that if Alabama ever has a bad game against us I expect Kirby to put the foot on their throat and finish them and the mystique once and for all.

Georgia will be the new GOLD STANDARD after this year. People will look back at amazement on what we have done to college football.

• Options
    SufferinginAtlantaSufferinginAtlanta Posts: 61 ✭✭✭ Junior

It’s easy to pick Alabama and history is a factor. Winning three in a row doesn’t really happen and Saban is considered (currently) the GOAT. Those aren’t really evaluations of current teams though.