Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Here is how Georgia football goes 7-5 in 2023

SystemSystem Posts: 10,496 admin
edited August 2023 in Article commenting
imageHere is how Georgia football goes 7-5 in 2023

ATHENS — Kirby Smart made it clear he never said Georgia was going 7-5 last year.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 746 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Silliest ever.

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 481 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Silly. YES. But. No way the Gators will best UGA.

Add SC and Tech to the loss categories and remove Florida and you have yourself a 6-6 year

NOT GONNA HAPPEN. But with a lot few bad calls by the refs and some unfortunate injuries along with the turnover bug — Naww. Still ain’t happening

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 413 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

What have you been smoking?

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm confused.... Where am I? What year is this?

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

GBAL… My thoughts exactly. But, when I see that Connor wrote it, that explains it. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    street0123street0123 Posts: 67 ✭✭✭ Junior

IF South Carolina wins their opening games, they will be UGA's first ranked opponent. Auburn and Kentucky need just a couple of upsets to also be ranked when they play UGA. At the end of the day UGA could be facing 5 ranked teams during the regular season then 3 more top 5 teams if they are going to finish as the top team in the land for a 3rd season.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 943 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2023

So Connor, I'll play along......According to your scenario in 5 games our "All SEC" offense would only muster 127.4 points.....that's only 25.48 points per game......For this to happen, Dylan Mulvaney would have been able to infect our offensive 1's and 2's converting them all to the Bud "Lite" Girl's All World Powder Puff Team..... I'm thinking The Dawgs will surpass the 40 point mark per game....I know you've seen some practices...."Come on man"....Gunner and our "scout team" would score more against these 5 SEC opponents. What is more shocking is that our Defense would have allowed 159 points/ about 32 points per game.....4.5 TD's per game???....What the hell, are we subbing the Little Sisters of Infinite Mercy after the first set of downs??? From what I've observed, Kentucky will be the first team with a half way reasonable chance at scoring a TD against us given their combination of very good QB/WR and RB personnel. I'm really thinking we will surpass the no rushing TD mark set in 21. It's been fun Conner, now come on back from "Bezzaro La La Land" and let's all face REALITY......THE DAWGS WILL DOMINATE AND WIN EVERY GAME IN 2023!.......Remember.....BETTER NEVER REST! GOOOO DAWGS, SICEM!

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2023

Remember MO last year? Kent St last year? GT last year? KY, AU, FL, SC, MS all look to be improved over last season. Will not be a cake walk to 12-0.

The real danger for UGA this year would be losing an SEC game (TN) and not winning the SECe. To be left out of the SECCG with 1 loss will probably mean being left out of the playoffs. No regular season margin for error this season.

• Options
    paleodawgpaleodawg Posts: 9 ✭ Freshman

Absolutely. This year TN's west opponents are Bama and TAMU. Bama will be out for revenge, no doubt, but their QB situation (at this time) looks shakier than either ours or TNs. TAMU is the King of the West when it comes to underperforming.

Even if Bama bests UT and UT goes 7-1 in conference play, if we lose to TN, we will be sitting at home in December....and January. I, for one, have zero desire to hope TAMU can beats UT.

• Options
    truthtellertruthteller Posts: 226 ✭✭✭ Junior

An amazing job Connor with writing an article that could not have been easy - you walked the line very well and hit the marks on teams that MIGHT have a chance against UGA. I agree with your accessments including the final one, that Georgia will indeed go 12-0. It was good for a laugh reading through the "5 losses". I remember the days when Chip Towers or Seth Emerson would write such an article and it was based on reality - Georgia could really lose that many games in a single season. Thank God those days are gone!

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I couldn't make it through it. Seemed too surreal to me. If we are going to play games with reality we should imagine what the last 2 years would have looked like with Beck at the helm and where would Bennett the IV be now. Or better yet, what happens if Bear Alexandar doesn't transfer this year and how that would change the direction of our season?

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 478 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

He's gotta earn a living, and an easy way to do that is to write silly "WHAT IFS" to stir up doubt among the fans and the team. If he's correct with one of predicted "WHAT IFS", Conner will become a self-proclaimed genius. And Georgia's season goes into enamel pot.

This is test book RAT POISON.

• Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It's a little surprising to me how many of y'all don't seem to understand that Connor wrote this not as a joke, exactly, but as a thought experiment that entertained the idea that this could happen - an idea which Connor clearly understands plays out like a joke. Sheesh. He's just having a little fun with something that was ridiculous to begin with.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 943 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

BigDawg, all things happen for a reason....Carson had the skills to be QB1 the past two seasons but not the mental maturity. This year he will demonstrate that he's a much better passer and decision maker,ie: game manager. He will not collect 10 rushing TD's like SBIV but he won't be sailing passes over receiver heads or throwing as many INT's. As for the Bear....be very very thankful he baled! The double wide door of opportunity opened for Big Baby and others and after seeing Bears photo I'm thinking he snatched the Golden Corral NIL from Stacy Abrams or either he has Hollywood aspirations for the next Star Wars flick, The revenge of Jaba The Hut.....against San Jose he racked up ONE WHOLE TACKLE!

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm not worried about losing Bear. I'm more excited about our 2 freshman and hopeful that Tyrion or Christen will surprise.