Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Slow-starting Dawgs have plenty of room for improvement

SystemSystem Posts: 10,466 admin
edited September 2023 in Article commenting
imageSlow-starting Dawgs have plenty of room for improvement

The Dawgs’ season opener against a lower-tier nonconference opponent was a mixed bag.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    dazzledawgdazzledawg Posts: 186 ✭✭✭ Junior

Considering it was the first game of the season with a new QB, basically 3 starters missing on offense and a new defense 48-7 isn't bad. Of course, the idiots are already out there calling for change. lol Probably shouldn't quit their day jobs.

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Always enjoy your articles, Bill. 👍

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All 3 QB's looked good and better than they did in the spring game. Murray said something late in the game that I had not heard before. BVG was 2nd in the game and presumed QB2. From Murray's "inside sources" the word was that Stockton was moving up to QB2 and BVG down to QB3. Based on what we saw yesterday BVG still looks like the QB with the highest ceiling.

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Overall , a very good review of the game and insights around issues/situations. I may be in the minority of not being overly concerned with the offense. While I would have loved to see 75 points and all efficiency, I recall their start for the start of the back-to-back attempt against Samford and the offense looked even worse. This was after looking like world beaters against Oregon the week before. I hope I’m right with the belief that the opponent helps determine focus and therefore things will begin to come more into championship output. Enjoy the overview Bill and Go DAWGS.

• Options
    ItchyZItchyZ Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior

Does anyone know the status of Dumas?

• Options
    bobcdawgbobcdawg Posts: 64 ✭✭ Sophomore

Good write up, Bill. However, it took me a few days to find it! Did you know that the path to the Junkyard Blawg has changed? They removed the word "football" from the full path. I had the old path saved and didn't see any new content from you since the article you wrote on UGA uniform revisions over the years.

How did I find this? I finally went back to the home page for DawgNation and drilled back down, selecting the link here from the main drop down list. I'm not sure the change was communicated or if it was, it did not reach me.

Anyway, if your page views have dropped any, it might be worth posting the change on your old page so that people can find your excellent articles!