Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football injury report: Kirby Smart provides updates on Ladd McConkey, Daijun Edwards

SystemSystem Posts: 10,473 admin
edited September 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football injury report: Kirby Smart provides updates on Ladd McConkey, Daijun Edwards

ATHENS — Georgia was without two of its top weapons to open the 2023 season, as wide receiver Ladd McConkey and running back Daijun Edwards did not play in the team’s 48-7 win over UT-Martin.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 382 ✭✭✭ Junior

Your 3, 4, & 5 paragraph say the same thing essentially.

• Options
    Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If there is one thing I have learned about these “injury” reports from DN on what Coach Smart supposedly says, they are notoriously unreliable and almost certainly do not align with who I see dressed out and playing on Saturdays.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UDA players are, it seems, notoriously banged up all the time. You name the condition , it appears. I guess that is football. I note too that many have lingering issues from high school. Too many. This is a tough game, physically.

• Options
    BigFanBigFan Posts: 147 ✭✭✭ Junior

We need a couple of FCS games to start the season as a break from practice so we can get healthy.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I've wondered why coaches don't have a trainer make official statements when it comes to injuries. I mean, I wouldn't expect Smart to know the latest and generally it's not really his decision.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Big Lol !!! 😂 I’m glad I wasn’t drinking my coffee when I read that !! Because it’s True !! But the way you stated it hit my funny bone !! Yep nobody plays the Dawgs tougher than the Dawgs !!

On a serious note though just getting McConkey back ( when he’s 100%) will be Huge !! Get Daijun back @100% and Milton to and the UGA O will be profoundly better. Not to mention that one would think Rosemy-JackSaint will want to redeem himself in the eyes of the HC. The Dawgs D only allowed the late TD after I’m sure allot of third and fourth string guys had subbed in. However we Should expect a significantly better performance vs Ball St. We shall see !! Lol another FCS team so we can get some rest !!