Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football injury report: The latest on Javon Bullard, Ladd McConkey following Ball State

SystemSystem Posts: 10,451 admin
edited September 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football injury report: The latest on Javon Bullard, Ladd McConkey following Ball State

ATHENS — Georgia saw star defensive back Javon Bullard exit the game following the team’s opening drive against Ball State.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The defense continues to impress and I was shocked at the lack of production from Bowers today. I guess everyone has an "off game". That is bad news for South Carolina, I am sure Bowers will want to get his stats back up! LOL.

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The biggest concerns remain a healthy RB room and the D line. Miller seemed to be the most disruptive today and hopefully his injury isn’t significant. QB play remains shaky with questionable decisions and slightly off-target passes that require the receivers to make great catches or take a big hit on arrival. Glad to get USC next weekend and hopefully the execution will improve on the offense. Defense is clearly the furtherest along. Good win; now on to the next. Go DAWGS

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I know stats get you to the league but did not want to see Bowers hurt...so am glad to see limited action. UGA gets so many injuries it is amazing. As games progress the teams will get better.. UGA needs major work..still. Offense not synced. WRs used as running backs. That is a major challenge. Not sure Milton is the other back? Daijun will definitely help. Mekhi Mews is a real threat. McConkey back will boost the numbers for sure. Looking forward to SC game. That will really tell us something.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yes losing Branson Roberson really hurt this Dawgs team as he showed so much promise last year. Hoping Daijun can get back soon and be 100%, hoping Milton can continue to get his health back, he looked better today. Hoping Andrew Paul can step up and offer more of a contribution. Really proud of Mews in particular and Cash, two walk ons playing their hearts out. O line needs to get unit chemistry quicker and better. Getting Ladd back especially if he’s 100% when he comes back will be a big help. STILL I Did see some improvement today vs last week, though certainly not monumental.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree. Miller was playing great. I hope he is just dinged up and nothing else. I was expecting great things this year from him.

Bullard also, hope he is ok. I cannot remember this many injuries this early in the year.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

When you have 12 players making plays receiving for 287 yds, it's hard for our RB's to make a dent....but they're giving it their best! It seems that Mews took away the Human Highlight trophy from Brock....it's encouraging to note we have several vying .....how bout that Dillon Bell!

Just finished watching Dancing With The "BEVO"...... AD and Quinn doing the Texas Two Step in ole Tuscaloosa! Those Fat Boys on the Bama O-Line were as porous as my brothers Jockey Shorts Covid mask! I'm thinking Milroe was the leading rusher?????

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Milroe is not a Bama-like QB. He is a great runner and would be great in Paul Johnson's triple option offense, throwing the ball 5 times per game. But he makes poor decisions throwing the ball and is inconsistent.