Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football enters SEC plays as the No. 1 team in Week 3 AP Poll Top 25 rankings

SystemSystem Posts: 10,669 admin
edited September 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football enters SEC plays as the No. 1 team in Week 3 AP Poll Top 25 rankings

Georgia knows its schedule is going to get more difficult. The Bulldogs have cruised to back-to-back wins to start the season. But those foes have been UT-Martin and Ball State, the latter of which the Bulldogs beat 45-3.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Our Dawgs will get SCs best game of their season. They always do. Still if our Dawgs go out and take care of business they should beat SC by at least 14 points, At Least. If Dawgs are operating at an improved level that we hope for they should beat SC by a 24+ points margin. Look for the GameCocks to play real hard and they won’t be intimidated by Sanford Stadium.

Would sure be great to have Both Ladd and Daijun back and going. But don’t push it on either, especially Ladd as his injury sounds more complicated. We can beat SC without either or both of those guys. Hope Bullard’s ankle sprain is mild, we need him. Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@navydawg SC's best games last year were Clemson and Tennessee lol. Their margin of victory against the Vols last year was almost twice that of UGA. Anyway, I saw the South Carolina - North Carolina game. Appalachian State gave the Tar Heels a tougher game than the Gamecocks did. It is fascinating. Spurrier excepted, it seems that no matter the coach, no one who runs that program realizes that maintaining success year-to-year means prioritizing the offensive line over everything else. Instead, UNC had 9 sacks against the Gamecocks. UNC does not have a front seven filled with NFL draft picks (again, see App State taking UNC into OT). And Rattler, for all his flaws, is a reasonably mobile guy in his 5th year. Instead, South Carolina had -2 rushing yards for the game. That's just how badly their OL got dominated by the front 7 of an ACC team that will likely go 8-4 this year. And while Rattler did go 30-39 for 353 yards against UNC, the Tarheels don't have a secondary where all 5 guys will be in the NFL within the next 2 years (3 of them, Lassiter, Bullard, Starks likely 1st or 2nd round picks).

Oh yeah. And the game will be in Athens. I am predicting a similar blowout to last year, particularly if McConkey and Edwards play.

• Options

Wow !! Looking at the SC stats they Are stinking it up pretty bad !! Thanks for that info. I knew they lost to NC pretty bad but I wasn’t aware of those contrasts you illustrated.

I mainly was talking from a historical basis of down through the years. It’s weird, teams can stink but sure as shootin they’ll rise up and play their best ball vs the Dawgs it seems !!

Based on that info. ( Thx again) if the Dawgs play any sort of decent football they Should win big. One would think. But we will see maximum effort from the GameCocks in Athens. Upsetting the Dawgs would be Huge for them but Especially in Athens !!

• Options

@thadec Meant to say to that Dawgs need to **** out SC flame Big and Early. Squelch Any hopes early on. I’m enjoying watching Beck. And he needs snaps. But I’d like to see the score get up big enough and fast enough for the backup guys to get in quicker.

Dawgs will have UAB to get that opportunity again before the road trip to Auburn. But it’d be nice to see that opportunity vs SC. Plus those backup QBs really need the snaps !!

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I believe we will be able to take away SC's running game by rushing 4 with a spy for Rattler. Pressure Rattler to make quick throws and let our "Ball Hawks" up their INT percentage. On offense, we've definitely got to get improvement on the "middle" runs by dominating the line by opening holes .....this frees up the outside. I expect more long shots to Arian, Dom, RaRa and Mews. Short stuff to Mews, McConkey, Brock and Oscar......and more receivers running it out of the back! Offensive points goal= 40 plus, Defensive goal= hold SC to less than 13.