Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia braces for ‘statement game’ against upset-minded South Carolina

SystemSystem Posts: 10,511 admin
edited September 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia braces for ‘statement game’ against upset-minded South Carolina

ATHENS — Georgia football is ready to make an SEC statement after dispatching of two overmatched opponents in what amounted to glorified scrimmages.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 484 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I know it may sound like a motivational phrase. But I believe the seasons direction will be determined this Saturday between the hedges

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2023

I can’t really specify the Why. But I have a feeling they Are gonna break out Big in this game !! Just my Very ample gut feeling !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Talk is cheap. We'll see...

Pop has 2 tackles in the first 2 games. Not exactly lighting it up. Defense has 0 qb hurries according to cfbstats site for first 2 games and only 1 sack. So...lot to prove

Don't tell me what you are going to do...just do it.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Dawgs are way too much for SC. NC itself is not that good and sacked Rattler 9 times with a mostly three-man rush...limiting SC to 11 total rushing yards! Rattler did complete some notable passes....quite a lopsided NC victory. I predict the Dawgs will have to kick two FGs and will score a touchback with 8 TDs. Will seem like a dream to most. We'll see. UGA's defense will show out! These Dawgs are ready to really hunt. Now you will see the #1 team in action.

• Options
    Billy21Billy21 Posts: 196 ✭✭✭ Junior

We just need to take the Marshawn Lynch approach to this game... "I'm all about that action boss"

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Our Defense should be able to get to Rattler. Though to give him credit he is pretty good. But Furman put 21 pts on the board vs SC. If our Dawgs can’t beat SC soundly we probably don’t deserve a Natty this year !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    Ugagolf80Ugagolf80 Posts: 73 ✭✭✭ Junior

Remember that the D has been playing base vanilla sets for the 1st two games. They didn't want to show SC anything. Expect a MUCH more aggressive blitzing style with more exotic looks. My only concern is the O-line. They really need to step up so we can run the ball like we're capable of.

• Options
    CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 346 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I believe UGA will win the game, but SC will come ready to play and taking them lightly would be a big mistake. We need to see more of a push and hole creation from our O-line. And the defense needs to put Rattler on his backside early and often.