Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Early Mel Kiper Jr. NFL Draft rankings light on SEC, Georgia talent

SystemSystem Posts: 11,122 admin
edited September 2023 in Article commenting
imageEarly Mel Kiper Jr. NFL Draft rankings light on SEC, Georgia talent

ATHENS — Georgia football has dominated the NFL draft boards the past three seasons with record-breaking draft classes.

Read the full story here

Comments

• truthtellertruthteller Posts: 255 ✭✭✭ Junior

No doubt, more Georgia players will be added as Kiper sees the way this year's players progress. I can see at least 4 players taken in the first round.

• kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Could care less what kiper says. Absolute joke of an "evaluator". Latham, ha, go back and watch how he kept getting blown up by that sophomore. Same man who also probably put Paris Johnson in the 1st round, only to look dumb when he was getting harassed by a 1st year freshman. Next. At least McShay had some sense. But ESPN can't keep anyone on with sense, would cost too much money. So they let clowns stay on TV.

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"which could come as a surprise to agents representing safety Javon Bullard and Amarius Mims." Can underclassmen who haven't declared for the draft have agents? IDK. Used to be, before NIL, having an agent wasn't permitted until the player, w/remaining eligibility, declared for the draft. One reason the NFL set up the advisory board to evaluate underclassmen who are interested in renouncing remaining eligibility.

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not surprised at all. I think Kiper has been pretty spot-on the past couple of years with regard to UGA players. I think his assessment of our current team's draft chances is correct. Those assessments may improve as the year goes on, and I hope it does, but that's about right for now. I mean even we can see for ourselves judging by the first two games that no individual player -- with maybe the exception of Malaki Starks -- is setting the world on fire right now. Not even Bowers, although he is likely a Round 1 pick regardless of what does or doesn't happen this season.

• Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 13,217 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Of course, that’s assuming he actually watches the games…..not really sure that he does!

Much like his cohort, Todd McShay…