Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia’s questioned D-Line face first SEC test against South Carolina

SystemSystem Posts: 11,039 admin
edited September 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia’s questioned D-Line face first SEC test against South Carolina

ATHENS — Georgia’s dominance up front — or lack thereof compared with the historic seasons of 2021 and 2022 — has been a topic of conversation this season.

Read the full story here

Comments

• BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Put up or shut up time.

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

'21 #2, '22 #1, '23 #49 ? Against 2 cupcakes? Not a good trend.

Counting on a freshman #44 to elevate this group does not speak well of #97, #96, #52, #78 and #94.

I understand not going to the TP to bring in someone over existing players. But CKS did it at DB (Smoke). Might regret not bringing in another DL from the TP if this group does not step up.

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I expect ( Almost Demand) a much better performance from our O line. They are getting to a point where they can’t offer an excuse. I’ll give ‘Em the “chemistry” and gel thing for these first two games as I realize it really Does take a certain amount of time. So I’m expecting a Much better performance from that group this week.

As for the D line they do have a bit of an excuse. Not tons, but some what as the article says they lost premier guys to the NFL like Carter. And let’s be honest with the exception of Carter they didn’t have any really standout guys last year.

All I ask from them I guess I’d use the word competent game. If they can get “decent” pass rush and “decent” run stop collectively. And Work Hard to get better.

Which Means our LBs and our Secondary are gonna have to Really Ramp up their games !! LBs and Secondary are gonna Have to play Well Above Average to supplement and offset the lackluster game of the Defensive front.

And Of Course our O needs to score TDs and often. Rarely FGs we need TDs. Though Special Teams will be needed to ramp up their game as well.

We really need At Least one Real leader to come on strong on that DL !! Two would be even better. No I’m not talking about just screaming at their fellow players, I’m talking about creating explosive plays !! Creating havoc !! Doing those things that the other guys tend to feed off of. Get them pumped up !!

So far unfortunately such a leader has not shown up on the DL. Who knows maybe this will be the week. But until such time as that happens the Stronger units and players are gonna have to play Even Better to offset and supplement the weaker units and/or players.

Tell y’all though I wouldn’t want any other HC than Kirby and his staff to be the ones responsible to get it fixed and cranked up !! I trust KS, I really do. He’ll take the necessary actions to get the Very Best out of what we Do have !! Go Dawgs !!

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I Love that Ratledge called Himself and the O line out in public !! He was much more harsh than even Kirby !! One would think that ought to fire the O line up !! And it needs to be considered that our Defensive Front goes against the O Line every day in practice. Maybe we’ll see a better performance from Both units vs SC.

Let’s hope so !! Time is running out before the road trip to a Very hostile Auburn !! Y’all know their gonna be wanting to upset our Dawgs in their stadium in the worse way !! And although Cal ain’t much, them going waaaay out there and chalking a W on Cal had to give them a nice boost of confidence. But first things first. Beat the GameCocks !! As a fan I can afford to look ahead. But sure don’t want our Dawgs looking ahead !! Go Dawgs !!

• jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 440 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The best thing about UGA - freshmen will play snaps. Upperclassmen will get the bulk of the snaps, but Freshmen will get some time, if they are good enough. It's a true learning environment for players, and I think the secret to success at Bama and Georgia. The better you get, the more snaps.