Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football injury report: Kirby Smart updates status of Amarius Mims, Kendall Milton

SystemSystem Posts: 10,992 admin
edited September 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football injury report: Kirby Smart updates status of Amarius Mims, Kendall Milton

ATHENS — Georgia already was without two major contributors against South Carolina, as neither Javon Bullard or Ladd McConkey played against South Carolina.

Read the full story here

Comments

• 87dawg87dawg Posts: 385 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Does McConkey have that mysterious “JT Daniels, nothing major but it never gets better” injury? Did someone bump into him, also?

I’ve had back injuries but never one that lasted a month.

• HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 740 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m afraid the story of this season is going to be mystery play of the O line (as in they just can’t seem to get it together), inability to hit pass plays longer than 5-8 yards throughout the first half, and the thin ranks at RB. As much as I like Milton, he is cursed with nagging injuries that always keep him less than 100%. Gonna be an interesting year in a conference that just doesn’t seem to have any dominant teams so far. Go DAWGS and a good win.

• BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bobo is too cautious in the first half. That is all Bobo. Fairchild made a difference to me. I think shuffling the offensive line actually ended up helping us a lot. Edwards and Bell look like our 2 running backs this year. Milton is just snake bit. Get more young players on the field who have good energy.

Energy and Enthusiasm were the main things missing. It's like half the team went out and partied in town last night or something. C'mon guys get it together.

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Then, you never had a "back injury". Lol...that's a ridiculous statement. IMO

They didn't need him. If they're going to the CFP...they need their Ace WR's to be healthy in games 13, 14 and 15....not necessarily, in games 1, 2, 3 and 4. Especially with the Dawgs schedule. No reason, Smart and Bobo shouldn't take advantage.

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2023

That's not Bobo that's CKS. I remember criticizing Monken last year for repeatedly running the ball up the middle even though it was ineffective. CKS ties the OC's hands. Doing the same thing this year. I think CKS does it to wear down the D. Didn't #86, #30 and #32 score on runs between the tackles in the 2nd half? CKS fingerprints all over the offensive game plan. It was #15's 1st start against an SEC opponent. CKS was going to play conservatively.

#73 looked like the weak link when he was playing LG. Poor. Better at RT. Can't afford to lose any front line OL. The starters are not playing well. The subs are definitely a step behind.

Where was RRob? He looked like the best RB last week. This week? Nowhere to be found.

I think today's 1st half silences any comparisons between the '23 D and the previous 2 year's D. Did JDJ have ANY tackles in the 1st 2.5 games this year? SC picked on #6 in the 1st half and #14 the whole game. #6 does not look like he is ready to start. #14 is consistently out of position. Same as last year. #22 was missed but should not have been missed that much.

• 87dawg87dawg Posts: 385 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

My statement was a statement of fact. The ridiculous part was you trying to re-read my statement into your own interpretation. I asked if he had the same type of mystery injury as JT Daniels that never seemed to get better and I said I have ever had a back injury that lasted a month, which is a fact. Back spasms are not a constant, 24x7 affliction. They can last several weeks but they are not non-stop. Yes, I have had it. If you have personally had month-plus long back spasms (as has been described for McConkey) then I feel bad for you.

I believe he is hurt but I have not had nor have I heard of that long lasting back injury outside of a major accident, and those show noticeable effects, such as walking painfully. My curiosity is in what type of injury does he have that allows him to walk normally for a month, practice, albeit not full speed, for a month yet not be able to play. I want him back because the ridiculous statement made by you was that we didn't need him.

You read way more than I said.

• ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 975 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@87dawg

WOW!!!! Lots of assumptions in your snide little comment!