Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football stays at No. 1 in Coaches Poll Top 25 rankings heading into Week 4

SystemSystem Posts: 10,453 admin
edited September 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football stays at No. 1 in Coaches Poll Top 25 rankings heading into Week 4

ATHENS — Through the first three games, Georgia has not been the best version of itself. Yet it still sits as the No. 1 team in the country in the Week 4 Coaches Poll Top 25 rankings.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ok...I'll go with that. The comeback by UGA was impressive. Just an observation: Kirby actually seemed to delight in being behind 14 to 3 at half! I will tell you, I was not delighted. I could not watch much after that...until things began to turn around. Why does it have to be this way every game? How about a faster start...huh? Can you manage that UGA? Carson Beck too: said he knew they would win. Very nonchalantly spoke of a few things done wrong but no problem...really? Playing another top team this next weekend.UAB...lololol, Maybe keep the opening kickoff in the field of play for starters. And stop employing those routine check downs...screens, straight line runs. Beck is reputedly so good....chuck some of those famous Beckian bombs we here about...in the first quarter! UGA has some real growing up to do....IMO.

• Options
    JackJack Posts: 87 ✭✭✭ Junior

Bobo will turn this up very soon. The 'O' has some work to do but they are talented but a different skill set as the last two years.

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bet we all know which coaches voted for osu and mich to be number one.

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Some of yall fans got a lot of growing up to do, along with this team. I have faith the team is on the right track after Saturday. Some of the highly emotional over reactive fans, not so much.

Come on guys, the team just got their first test. This team is a very new team in the biggest ways. It takes a minute. First time QB and OC leading the pack. If that is not enough, significant players not on the field or banged up.

Saturday THIS team showed its identity. Lots of teams do not have one. From here on out, I expect they will grow on that identity.

Offense moved the ball well. Just got to finish now. Missed field goals are unacceptable btw. Having Ladd back and Brock healthier will do wonders. Getting Edwards back showed what I am talking about with healthy star players. You all know that, come on!

Monken didn't light up things right away either. It has been one SEC game. They got a reality check and showed their character.

Now lets all the impatient ones, give Beck(who isn't going anywhere) 1/2 -3/4 a season to really find his groove and rhythm how about it? Sheesh! You expect a first year starter to be like Peyton Manning? He just finally got his first off season with SOME 1st team reps. He had to share them!

All I am saying is give it a minute. Its not how you start. Let some players get back and bring a boost of energy and skill and confidence. Let Beck continue to rack up yards and hopefully more and more TD's. He is DOING JOB 1. Not turning the ball over. That is his TOP JOB, while he gets on-the-job training. He is doing fine. Lots of yards. The game will slow down more soon. He will have Ladd and others back too. Bobo will get settled with his personnel. And we will beat Auburn and whip FL and TN and go to the SEC Championship game and whip LSU. Or whoever it may be.

Unless, the offense still does not come out and get on the board earlier in future games after 2nd half Saturday. Then, we are asking for a loss. But we are moving the ball well, so just finish. I would be worried about the kicker more than anything right now, personally.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Still feels like we are in pre-season mode. Getting Ladd back would be a huge deal for us. Until then we need the other wrs to get this ball rolling. Need to get some energy on the field.

We are lacking energy right now. Hopefully we can get up because Auburn is a coming soon.