Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Social media sounds off on Mike Bobo, Georgia red zone issues

SystemSystem Posts: 10,461 admin
edited September 2023 in Article commenting
imageSocial media sounds off on Mike Bobo, Georgia red zone issues

ATHENS — Georgia fans made their voices heard. As the Georgia offense made its way off the field, boos rained down from the fans.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    78Dawg78Dawg Posts: 166 ✭✭✭ Junior

How many times can Bobo be recycled? SMH at the plays he calls. How do you explain not running ONE play action pass in the entire game?

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 382 ✭✭✭ Junior

Well the one thing I noticed was when Kendall Milton came in, it was an automatic RB dive up the middle and SC knew it too! He think he had Todd Gurley again?

• Options
    DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited September 2023

How many times can Bobo be recycled? SMH at the plays he calls. How do you explain not running ONE play action pass in the entire game?

What's the point? Beck cant hit a deep ball, unless it's a deep crossing pattern. And that's if he happens to see the wide open receiver. A deep cross and a pass in the flat. Just like Jacob Eason.

• Options
    99nout99nout Posts: 218 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited September 2023

Bobo’s second quarter play calling was horrible but Beck isn’t checking off and adapting to the defense before the snap.

i can’t count how many times the play was called to go up the middle and the defense stacked it while there was a huge gap to the left.

a good QB recognizes that and adjusts the play.

we don’t have that QB yet. Or the coaches don’t trust him to do it and he doesn’t have the balls to do what he thinks is best for the situation.

• Options
    CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 334 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Bobo better figure out what's wrong before we get into the meat of our SEC schedule.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Why things turned around or Bobo in second half? He called Monken for advice!

• Options
    Dawglifer72Dawglifer72 Posts: 9 ✭✭ Sophomore

Almost 500 yards of offense. A bunch of idiot Georgia fans that are never satisfied. Bobo isn’t holding or missing field goals!! We just got to execute better!! Quit complaining and let’s get behind this team!!

• Options
    Tom_BomadilTom_Bomadil Posts: 68 ✭✭✭ Junior

I am utterly amazed at the reluctance to call a spade a spade. The play calling in unimaginative and predictable. How many passes were called downfield in the first half? The same as last week. Sure, the team works with what's it's got, and they score the necessary points, at least so far. That does not mean Bobo's play calling is any good. He does not take chances, and prefers a run up the middle to a play-action pass. Throwing down the field is a novelty for him. I remember in the Richt years he would call a long pass, airing it out downfield early in the game, and then not see another one the entire game. Georgia is gonna fall if the play calling does get more imaginative.

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Well, some folks might try to defend the play calling, but here’s my question. On all those trips into the red zone, how many passes were actually thrown into the end zone? Answer: zero! That is poor play calling. Throw it into the end zone at least one time! Please.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We need to execute better and we need better play calls in the red zone. Bobo gets a D in the first half and a B in the second half. Kirby, you need to crawl up Bobo's butt and get some million dollar performance from him or ask him to take a pay cut. He doesn't look like a million dollar year OC to me right now.

• Options
    Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

We Dawg fan have an answer: Mike Bobo! Cutesy red zone play calling in this game proves to me this is the same Bobo from a decade ago, in plain sight for everyone to see.

Terrible OC, hasn’t changed.

And the excuse about vanilla play calling due to the competition is not gonna hold water for this game against South Carolina.

All of the Bobo apologists are going to run out of excuses here pretty dawg-gone soon, pun definitely intended. The “players just need to execute better the plays that are called” is coming and already here, just like from 2007 to 2014.

It so tiresome.

Bobo is the common denominator, and things haven’t changed thru 12+ quarters. 🤬🤨🤷‍♂️

• Options

Gibroni88, you are absolutely right. Anyone who is objective and has watched Bobo''s play calling through the years knows this. The man has no imagination, and loves the conservative up he middle runs and short passes. Once in a blue moon he will call to air it out, maybe once a game. This is his nature, and it's not going to change.

• Options

After three games, we are seeing the same things that have followed Bobo in his career. The following article nails it.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2023

Just remember that Bobo is executing CKS's offensive game plan. Conservative and predictable so far. Just like Monken most of last year as CKS reined in SBIV's wild streak. As Beck gains experience and proves his ability and the offensive unit gains cohesion you will see more of the O used. CKS's fingerprints are all over this play calling. Play calling has also been limited by not having a full compliment of healthy RB's.

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited September 2023

I’m convinced you’re a troll after seeing you shared this multiple times on multiple articles LOL

There may be a subset that will never be convinced. I saw two missed field goals, and at least one (arguably two) plays where Beck have hit guys 25+ yards down field who didn’t have a Gamecock within 8-10 yards of them. Instead he felt pressure and locked in on a check down route from the instant the ball was snapped. He will grow, Bobo will coach him up. Ppl just gotta relax, look around college football and realize we are still the best team in the country, it just may be a more difficult/stressful path to staying there this year.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This may or may not be true. I think we are all hoping you are right. Let's see how it plays out. We will know in short 4 weeks what we have with Bobo. Because of injuries he is going to be forced to be the best version of himself for us to win this year. I think he will do it and I think Beck will shine. However, I am an optimist and always have been.