Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Final Grades from Georgia football win over South Carolina

SystemSystem Posts: 10,460 admin
edited September 2023 in Article commenting
imageFinal Grades from Georgia football win over South Carolina

ATHENS — Based on the first 30 minutes, it seemed it would be a long day for the Georgia Bulldogs. The defense gave up two touchdowns, the offense was floundering in the red zone and Georgia’s special teams made some critical mistakes.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A's and B's for everyone but the offensive line. C'Mon we are not watching the same game. I'm thinking C's across the board except for special teams which should be an F.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I do think the more Beck gets comfortable back in the pocket, the more he will air it out (instead of these swing passes). He just needs more game experience, and right now I'd rather him dunk it off on a short pass to a RB or TE than risk tossing it downhill and getting intercepted. I will note there were a couple of good, accurate long passes that were dropped or broken up.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Better find a reliable kicker.

• Options
    Louis8478Louis8478 Posts: 168 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited September 2023

Tykee Smith could have had two interceptions, including the one Dan intercepted. The secondary is the best unit but the rain and dropped passes helped also. Proud of my Dawgs. A win is a win but everyone has to get better. Ole Miss worries me a lot. Take it one practice then one game at a time. Go Dawgs!!

• Options
    KBPKBP Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Because Beck didn't try to be Josh Allen and force the ball down field, he gets a "C+". You can't be serious. I think the Bills wish Allen would take some check downs.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

QB=B

Defensive Backs=A

Defensive line=B+ (Caveat: set your "wake-up" alarm to the 1st qtr)

I am a bit more lenient after that rousing second half.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 931 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Beck is a work in progress and I see progress every week.....Hey, would any Dawg fan trade for #2 Big Blue QB who had 3 int's against a glorified HS team or how bout any of the Bama QB fruit basket??? Yep, Rattler looked Heisman in the first quarter but finished around 50% and 2 int's. Frankly, on a day that saw very poor QB play nation wide, Beck continued to be the winner, and I would trade Carson with a turf toe and hemorrhoids for any other QB in America!

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Special teams with 2 chip shot misses and a kickoff out of bounds deserves a F. In the second half, they woke up. Hopefully, they will stay out of dreamland the rest of the season. I'm hoping that this was our Missouri game of last year and that we have waked up.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I understand the comparisons to last year's Missouri game. But this one actually wasn't nearly that bad.

That one went down to like the last two minutes, compared to this one where the Dawgs dominated the entire second half.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Maybe not with turf toe and hemorroids...but I'm with you. Beck was one of the things to be excited about. He is coming along very well imo. I think we are in good hands.

Another warm up game and then Auburn. I do think the offensive line got better push when Mims got hurt and Fairchild came in. Maybe the best 5 that play together not necessarily the best 5 individually...something to think about.

Defense looked good in the 2nd half.

Excited about what Bell can do as a running back with 10 carries a game.

• Options
    WoodstockDawgWoodstockDawg Posts: 250 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Not sure we saw the same game. Thought Beck looked pretty good and has been improving. Couple dropped passes amd a few bad passes, but better than most the others I have been watching. Oline was rough once again, but came through a handful of times when needed.

Everette and Daninel-Sisavah have a lot of growth to do. Struggled getting off blocks and often just looked lost. Hopefully film will help. Jackson coming in tightened up the backside defense.

• Options
    dawgfromduluthdawgfromduluth Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

Did I see the wrong game? Our secondary got their butts kicked.

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think it was an issue but that the offense will now start faster moving forward. The identity arrived in the 3rd quarter and stayed the entire 2nd half and it included a much needed leader in the running game and the OL to get it together.

Still, moved the ball well in the 1st half, just did not finish. Missing those FG's is unacceptable.

Establish the running game, help your new QB out, get Ladd back and Brock healthier, we should be operating on ALL cylinders come the Auburn game.

Mostly concerned with the kicking game and really hoping it was just a fluke for the true freshman.

• Options
    dawgfromduluthdawgfromduluth Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 931 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

BigDawg, for two years I have lost count of all of the times I cursed SBIV for all of the bone headed passes/plays only to praise him later in the game! I am thankful that CB is not the wideazz inyourface prove you're wrong crazy man SBIV was.......I now give absolute praise to SBIV for the winning legacy he provide the Dawg Nation.....THEY"LL NEVER BE ANOTHER! From the opposite end of the spectrum CB is calm cool and collected and its growing every week.....with every game Beck is growing in confidence and it will be our biggest saving grace come October and November and December.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think the first half is what needs to be focused on as once you get into the 2nd half, you can just pound the ball against weaker teams like Carolina... but NOT against those Elite Teams.

Beck did great. I didn't see really any **** throws or him holding the Ball too long. Any complaints about Play Calling should be given to... the Play Callers? Obviously??

The entire team pretty much failed in the 1st half.

O-line allowed a quick sack and a number of immediate tackles after handoffs. Unfortunately, this group has likely been the biggest disappointment this year.

The Defense, though, ugh. Rattler had his way with our D in the first half making pretty much every pass. 3rd and 16 on the 17 - passed to receiver behind scrimmage (great).. but then runs through much much the entire team to get a TD. He should've been tackled about 5 times. FAIL. Wide open receivers for them. FAIL. Endless first downs.

We need to do better or we WILL LOSE.