Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart shares importance of Georgia football quick pass game, role it plays as part of run game

SystemSystem Posts: 10,713 admin
edited September 2023 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart shares importance of Georgia football quick pass game, role it plays as part of run game

ATHENS — Kirby Smart has referred to them as extended handoffs, but for some Georgia’s short, quick passes look like a conservative pass game.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ancelyancely Posts: 80 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

75th in the nation in rushing, and we're concerned? Maybe not because a short pass is a run according to Kirby. Let's trust Kirby. He's earned it.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    dawgfromduluthdawgfromduluth Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

If you can pick up 5+ yds per toss, that's a legit strategy. But, it all depends on the receivers ability to make the first defender miss. Bowers is a master of shaking the defender. Until Beck starts throwing beyond 15 yds, we'll see more of this. My fear is that we won't see fireworks with Bobo like we saw with "Air Raid" Monken.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,161 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UGA still shadowing Monken with that short pass and run game...good. Opens up the backfield for the Beck bomb. Georgia shouldd be able to impose its will on UAB.....all 4 qtrs. Let's do it Dawgs!!!

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 994 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great TEAMS are comprised of highly skilled player committed to elite play on every snap and guided by elite coaches who utilize each players abilities in concert to win. Say what you will about Bobo, but the OC I know is the most creative play caller not named Monken, I know given the talent he has to work with.....I could care less if you call a pass a run or a run a pass....if it gets the job done leave it to the statisticians to figure it out.....the weekly objective is to win and though "style points"are good a check in the win column is the most important. Most "fans" are ignorant about what it takes to field a winning football Team....there are so many components that go into each victory, its not always about total domination and an astronomical score as most teams you face have just as much talent as you, though maybe not as deep.....its how you motivate and use that talent....ie when Mims goes out switching player positions and next man up proved genius.....utilizing receivers to run the ball and running backs as receivers...... I'm still wait to see a certain TE throw a TD pass! Creativity will win our third Natty and Carson Beck will be our leader on the field!