Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart: Mike Bobo running ‘exact same offense’ as Todd Monken did at Georgia

SystemSystem Posts: 10,491 admin
edited September 2023 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart: Mike Bobo running ‘exact same offense’ as Todd Monken did at Georgia

ATHENS — Georgia coach Kirby Smart typically doesn’t spend much time addressing the “noise” outside of his program, but on Monday he made an exception.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    CWdawg1979CWdawg1979 Posts: 458 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If there is one thing that I hope Carson learned from Stetson, it would be to ignore the outside noise. Because that's all it is, noise. I hope he listens to Bobo, just like I hope Bobo listens to Kirby. With social media these days, the negatives are easiest to spew and generally paid attention to the most by others who know little about the issues.

• Options
    jvillebiljvillebil Posts: 166 ✭✭✭ Junior

We need to hang about 60 on UAB because Awburn is going to be fired up for us.

• Options
    AugustadogAugustadog Posts: 10 ✭✭ Sophomore

I’m fine with Beck so far. My only concern is how quick he is to go to the underneath receiver instead of picking up open receivers downfield. Numerous times he has completed a short pass ( good thing) without seeing an open receiver much farther down the field. It may be the way the coaches have been playing it and may change but it also may be the experience factor. Stetson’s 6 yrs probably helped him determine what a defense would “ probably “ do pre-snap. Beck obviously has an accurate cannon of an arm so this will probably work itself out. I’ll take 40/game and 3-0 anytime. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We were missing Arian Smith and AD Mitchell for much of the season last year, and that hurt… especially AD, who was one of Stetson’s preferred targets. Thankfully, Ladd stepped up (though he had a case of the dropsies early on) and Bennett also had incredible chemistry with Bowers.

It has to be next man up. Seems clear to me that Beck has good chemistry with MRJS, and, possibly, Lovett. He also seems to be working well with Rara.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

5/13 on 3rd downs is not good. Red Zone offense must improve.

And, Egads, we've got to get a reliable FG kicker!!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We need 4 qtrs of production from UGA to assess this thing. I do predict UGA's score numbers will eclipse 60. Kirby seems to be pretty positive about this group. Me...Red Zone...and kicking...need help.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

”Look at the plays-anybody that knows football…” Bingo! Kirby hit the nail square on the head! Execution is king! If we get better every week and peak in the post season, I will be just fine as long as we win if we don’t hang 60 on any opponent until the NCG!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I admit and confess that I got angry and negative in the first half vs SC. And I vented those feelings on here during the game. But I’ll always take a W, no matter how nasty. And as I had said before the game I trust Kirby, still do. They just gotta keep working hard. Hopefully by Auburn we’ll have some of these injured guys back. As I understand it Ladd is having back spasms from a back strain. I went to the internet and quickly saw two medical sites that essentially said the same thing. Here’s what it said: Although spasm episodes only last between a few seconds and several minutes, they can come and go for up to six weeks.Mar 31, 2023

So that would pretty much coincide with the time line on Ladd. Maybe and Hopefully he’ll be back by Auburn. We’ll see.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have no problem with how the offense - play calling has been this year. Georgia is scoring 39 points per game so far this season, 2.1 points less than they were a season ago.

That's with the most injuries since Kirby's been at UGA and with a first-year starter at QB. Missing McConkey, Bowers less than 100%, two new starters at receiver and multiple injuries at receiver. Injuries are not an excuse, when you lose starters it almost always has a negative effect.

• Options
    SloanDawgSloanDawg Posts: 24 ✭✭ Sophomore

Seems to me we were just "playin with our food" to start this one. Don’t think the team ever considered SC a threat (there run game is no existent). I was in Columbia last weekend, and Furman put 14 points on the board by half. Depth overcame in that one, just as CKS knew ours would last Saturday.

I don’t doubt this staff one bit;-]

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

CAlling the same plays is irrelevant. Anyone of us on here could be given the playbook and sit up in the booth and call "the same plays". ANd all of us know that would not end well, right? It's not the plays per say. It's knowing what to call and when to call it. It's knowing how to set up future plays by calling certain plays in order to set those plays up. It's realizing what the defense is giving you, knowing their strengths and weaknesses and yours as well. It's knowing your QB's strenths and weaknesses like the back of your hand.

Just calling the "same plays" is Kirby trying to get people off Bobo's back. Nothing more. Don't fall for it.

The genuis is in the mind of the OC and not just a play on a sheet of paper. .

• Options
    CClayC88CClayC88 Posts: 126 ✭✭✭ Junior

@reddawg1

AMEN! Preach it brother

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bobo will be fine. Not concerned. You all will be singing his and Beck's praises by seasons end. Mark it down.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

BUt I want to sing right now!