Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart talks roster management amid ‘longest injury list’ in Georgia tenure

SystemSystem Posts: 10,458 admin
edited September 2023 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart talks roster management amid ‘longest injury list’ in Georgia tenure

ATHENS — Georgia is a defending two-time national champion that’s ranked No. 1 and has won 20 straight games, but the Bulldogs have taken their fair share of hits.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited September 2023

So I will do some reporting since Mike G is not good at it:

Ladd is likely out for the season. Georgia will medically red shirt him in hopes his spinal injury recovers fully without the need for surgery.

If not, he will have to give up the sport and not play next season if ever again for his overall health and well being; not worth risking his back any further injury or him to any more pain.

You heard that info here first, 9/18/2023.

All you will hear from the AJC, this website and Coach Smart is just kicking the can down the road with vague mentions of a back injury, unknown timeline, may play next week or may not, great week of walk through practice but not there yet, yada yada yada.

Not that he has a serious spinal injury that will likely prevent him from seeing the field again this season without surgery.

So send prayers to Ladd in hopes that his back miraculously gets healthy before the season ends, but it seems that Mother Nature & God has determined his small frame and stature are not as durable as his heart and effort(which is SUPER) to play the contact sport of football any longer.

Happy he got a ring and was a big part of that Championship team last season, wish him the best.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The way I understand it Ladd has muscle spasms in his back. I’m not a doctor or trainer but I wouldn’t think that would necessarily mean he needs surgery ! And I Sure wouldn’t think it means his season is over !! In many cases Rest coupled with deep massage, whirlpool etc. will resolve those type issues. But Prayer Is a Great thing !! I agree on that !!

• Options
    edited September 2023

I copied and pasted this from a medical site on the internet, there was another site that said essentially the same thing: Although spasm episodes only last between a few seconds and several minutes, they can come and go for up to six weeks.Mar 31, 2023

And that would match up pretty much with the time line on Ladd thus far. I’ve still got plenty of Hope for him !!

• Options

I posted this in response to a similar comment you made on another thread. Sure hope your wrong Bro. Losing Ladd for the season would break my ole heart !! Here’s what I posted on the other thread: No disrespect and certainly no sarcasm but where are you getting this info. on Ladd ?? Is this speculation on your part due to the nature of the injury, or do you have “insider” info. from family, close friends of his, or trainers at UGA ?? If your just speculating I sure hope your wrong. Your scaring the heck out of me !! 

We Need Ladd McConkey badly !! Plus he’s one of my personal favorite players on the team. Again Absolutely zero sarcasm or disrespect to you. But you mentioned his size and how it’s a negative for him playing football. Well if that’s the case Mews in particular and Cash Jones are in deep trouble !!

I hope this is just speculation based on the nature of his injury on your part. And I hope your wrong. When his injury was initially reported it was said at That time to be muscle spasms from a severe muscle strain in his back. 

So I did a little research and right off the bat two different medical sites said it could take up to Six Weeks to resolve. If that’s the case it coincides pretty much with the time line on McConkey’s injury. If it turns out your right and he’s done for the season, I guess it’ll be what it’ll be, but it sure will be a tragic thing in my book. And will be a serious stumbling block to the Dawgs getting a 3Peat !!

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited September 2023

What a crock. You heard it here, first. Kirby Smart is leaving UGA to coach Michigan State. Stockton and Vandagriff are both transferring to Alabama. And Sanford stadium to tear up that horrible grass and put down plastic turf, instead. 🤣🤣

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Maybe dial down the meat grinder practices when the team starts getting too beat up and missing too may guys? While you can still field a team?