Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

WATCH: Kirby Smart’s South Carolina halftime speech predicted what would happen for Georgia

SystemSystem Posts: 10,486 admin
edited September 2023 in Article commenting
imageWATCH: Kirby Smart’s South Carolina halftime speech predicted what would happen for Georgia

ATHENS — With Georgia down 14-3 at halftime of Saturday’s game against South Carolina, there was understandably a lot of angst among Georgia fans.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I know you train for these games, Coach, but SC 14 to 3 at the half? Well. looks like you were right. UGA started hunting second half and lights out. I assure you UGA was hunted first half. That halftime reminder surely woke up the sleeping Dawgs.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 939 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm convinced we need to use Griff or Gunner in the red zone, especially when it's first and goal. Their ability to extend plays by presenting a run treat opens the play book plus their ability to pass.....RPO's every play. Next would be an O-Line that could open holes and could push D-Lines.

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great point! Maybe that is something we can attempt against UAB once we have a sizable lead.....

• Options
    vannvann Posts: 108 ✭✭✭ Junior

I just love the way that man can motivate! He was calm and confident. He didn't scream and call people out over mistakes. He just told them what the plan was and they went out an executed. Hopefully, he won't need those kind of speeches at halftime in the future. I guess Kirby needs to work on his pregame speeches. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    KudzuKudzu Posts: 356 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Brilliant. THAT is leadership by CKS. Not just football leadership, but REAL leadership in ANY environment. This is why all the tactical comments, while interesting (and well-intentioned plus frequently right), are a sideshow. Blend this type of leadership with amazing talent, and you'll always be in the hunt.

Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This time being played out at the University of Georgia right now is program history as it is being made. Seeing this short video from halftime of the 2023 South Carolina Gamecocks home football game in Athens??? It IS both inspirational, and at the same time, it is most beautiful too. UGA HC Kirby Smart IS VERY, VERY SMART. He is simply as charismatic as any coach who coaches ANY KIND OF SPORT AT ALL, ANYWHERE in the entire world. His talk to the team is so very straight forward, and 110% honest, genuine, quite blunt, precise to the razor sharp point, and it just crystalizes in everyone's minds (AND ESPECIALLY WITHIN THEIR COLLECTIVE TEAM HEARTS TOO!!!) EXACTLY what needs to be done!!!!! So? They go out, and THEN THEY ALL DID EXACTLY WHAT HE (Kirby Smart) said that they needed to do!!!! GO DAWGS!!!

GO DAWGS!!!!

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

IMO...It had nothing to do with the players...it was the plays being called. The offensive "Red Zone" approach in the 1st half...was designed to require a physical mindset. A call to enforce their will at the LOS. Mission accomplished.

Bobo was allowed to turn to page 2 of the playbook in the 2nd half...and, it was obvious. The Dawgs didn't attack the perimeter till after the 1st half...with screens, slip-screens, pitch outs and tosses, sweeps and sideline passes with a few over the middle. I believe that was "the plan", from the get-go.

If your schedule doesn't challenge your team,...you have to be creative in the way you find "adversity" to overcome. Did it seem to any of you guys, that anybody on that team, was concerned about being down 14-3 at the half?. It seemed "expected" and "engineered", to me.

• Options
    dawgfromduluthdawgfromduluth Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

He's smart. He'll figure it out.