Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Urban Meyer: Georgia should be penalized for schedule; where Bulldogs’ slate ranks nationally

SystemSystem Posts: 10,453 admin
edited September 2023 in Article commenting
imageUrban Meyer: Georgia should be penalized for schedule; where Bulldogs’ slate ranks nationally

ATHENS -- Georgia football should be “penalized” for its schedule this season, according to two-time national championship coach Urban Meyer.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    dawgfromduluthdawgfromduluth Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

Urban Meyer looking after the Dawgs. Thanks, Urban, but you need to get home and take care of your wife.

• Options
    NewcombTurkNewcombTurk Posts: 19 ✭✭ Sophomore

This really hurts, especially considering the esteem I place on Urban's opinion. [/s]

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ole Suburban Cryer, at it again. Why don’t you develop some Small pain and retire completely Suburban ?? You know Suburban could convey his thoughts much better with duct tape over his mouth and a foot in his butt !! He’s got Spurrier The Ole Ball Bag DNA for sure !! I despise Both !! Gooooo Dawgs !!

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Urban needs to ask why Ohio state cried and canceled the home and home with UGA years ago? He has no clue about anything outside of the THE Embryo State.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Urban Crier! LOL! I value his opiniion as much as I value dust. LEt me take that back, I don't mean to insult dust like that.

• Options
    78Dawg78Dawg Posts: 166 ✭✭✭ Junior

Coming from a man with such high integrity.

• Options
    BigFanBigFan Posts: 146 ✭✭✭ Junior

Norman. Not Normal.

• Options
    CaptainchipCaptainchip Posts: 13 ✭✭ Sophomore

Why is anyone listening to a guy that got thrown out of football for being drunk and pawing on young women?

• Options
    sthop456sthop456 Posts: 72 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited September 2023

Pre-playoff rankings are just for bragging rights. It doesn't matter at all where UGA is currently ranked. It all comes out in the wash in the playoffs as long as they run the table. (We'll also make up for it next year with both AL and TX on the schedule in 2024). Urban Cryer can quit crying.

• Options
    sthop456sthop456 Posts: 72 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2023

So Urban, how do you account for the past two seasons, where Georgia played the toughest schedule of any team in America.....30 games, 29 wins, 1 loss and 2 Natties.....2021 The Dawgs beat #1, #2, #3, #8, #11, #18.....in 2022 The Dawgs beat #1, #3, #4, #11, #14?????? Come January 2024, The Dawgs will once again have beat the best in their quest attaining a third Natty.....Why not focus your concern on the implosion of your Gators and the impending demise of the Bucknuts.....I'm sure they would be appreciative to benefit from your experiences on how not to coach! Thanks for this mornings chuckle, you beat out the arsonist that set himself on fire while attempting to ignite his ex-employers office at a mobile home park.

• Options
    CWdawg1979CWdawg1979 Posts: 458 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

First off based on the numbers posted in the article, UGA and Ohio State's schedule strength is not that different .

Second, someone needs to remind Urban that the playoff committee does consider strength of schedule when their rankings come out.

I guess now that Urban is only paid to run his mouth, this is to be expected. After ESPN let David Pollack go, I tried to watch Fox's pregame show. Once I saw Urban was on there, I turned it off. Thank God we have KB and the gang on the radio.

• Options
    rconlanrconlan Posts: 19 ✭✭ Sophomore

Get a life dude

• Options
    WoodrowWoodrow Posts: 85 ✭✭✭ Junior

I swear this guy cannot help but be an ass every time he opens his mouth.

• Options
    bogarttadbogarttad Posts: 277 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Grif,

You and PF make great team. I'd like to see a sports program (or at least a podcast) featuring you two on a weekly basis.